Proposal: Johnson + Killorn + 1st 2022 vs Seattle 2022 6th rd pick

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The funny part about all this is Johnson will probably be an impact player on a team where he plays a bigger role. He'll probably see a return to 40-50 points.

Reactions: abo9

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Why? The offseason just started.
Because he went through waivers for free and the rumor that JB was shopping him with a second rounder attached with no traction. So what did he do from then to now to increase his value?

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
Your “reality” seems to selectively ignore than Johnson and a 2nd was offered league wide with no takers last off-season then waived this season, again with no takers.

The fact is nobody wants him unless something of significance is attached to him and a that’s not a CB mid-to-late round pick.
And what you forget is there were a lot of players including Johnson that weren’t picked up on waivers last year because of Covid. The circumstances now are different. Teams have the ability to at least make some money again

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how Tampa's cap situation plays out. I see it as kinda ridiculous that because Tampa is in a cap crunch a guy like Killorn suddenly loses all value?

Johnson might need something added to him, but I'm sure a team in dire need of a C would be willing to be the sacrificial lamb.
I suspect the loser of the Danault auction will turn to Tyler Johnson...

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I'm curious to see how Tampa's cap situation plays out. I see it as kinda ridiculous that because Tampa is in a cap crunch a guy like Killorn suddenly loses all value?

Johnson might need something added to him, but I'm sure a team in dire need of a C would be willing to be the sacrificial lamb.
I suspect the loser of the Danault auction will turn to Tyler Johnson...

It’s just on hf. The reality is that GMs are looking to improve their team, not “hurt Tampa”.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If Tampa is willing to cough up a 1st, I’d consider taking on TJ on the Oil. We do need a RHC, he’s been pretty solid in the FO circle the last 3 years, I think he’s still got the potential to put up around 40 points as a 3C. He’s overpaid, but I wouldn’t say he’s crazy overpaid.

We need more guys with cup rings in our locker room. He’d add some veteran savvy up front to go with what Keith will provide to the D corps.

But with that said, I’d still expect a 1st to be attached to him. Could throw a later pick going back Tampa’s way.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This is true. And that also means that GM's know that TBL has its back against the wall from a cap perspective so they will try to make a deal that can leverage that fact.

Competition to leverage Tampa into a better deal will drive the leverage down, it'll be a marginal effect if any.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Killorn had given an interview before expansion where he seemed like he’d be really upset if he were chosen. I mention this because he has a modified NTC, as does Johnson, and I’m not sure either would have Seattle on their trade lists as of right now.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Killorn had given an interview before expansion where he seemed like he’d be really upset if he were chosen. I mention this because he has a modified NTC, as does Johnson, and I’m not sure either would have Seattle on their trade lists as of right now.

Johnson is from Seattle, I think he'd find 10ish other teams he'd loathe to play for before Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad