Value of: Johnny Gaudreau to NYR

Bond

May 10, 2012
Probably more than NYR would be willing to pay. Do you have a spare bonafide #1 centre lying around.

Reactions: haveandare

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
My offer is Zibanejad + Georgiev
Prerequisite to this would be I’d only do it trade if we’re able to move our other pick into the top 12 to take one of the centers

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Gaudreau is overrated and was exposed by the AVs during the playoffs. Needs support from a big body 1C to be effective. Block the passing lanes to the 1C and hit him. He cannot carry a team and mentally fragile. Easily frustrated and constantly whines to Refs when teams expose his limited abilities.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
will offer early UFA rights to former Flames pick, AHL star John Gilmour

but seriously,
i don't see NYR trading for top 6/top 4 talent, the costs are likely too high of their most prized current assets

i doubt Flames are interested in package similar to Vesey and Georgiev and a B+ prospect,
which i suspect is about the 'most fair' type of deal NYR would offer

NYR are in mode of retooling w youth, need to sort out which of the prospects matter

and NYR have some Cap space,
if they want to add a top end player, i think they go UFA market
(as with all the Panarin chatter)

Reactions: bernmeister

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
will offer early UFA rights to former Flames pick, AHL star John Gilmour

but seriously,
i don't see NYR trading for top 6/top 4 talent, the costs are likely too high of their most prized current assets

i doubt Flames are interested in package similar to Vesey and Georgiev and a B+ prospect,
which i suspect is about the 'most fair' type of deal NYR would offer

NYR are in mode of retooling w youth, need to sort out which of the prospects matter

and NYR have some Cap space,
if they want to add a top end player, i think they go UFA market
(as with all the Panarin chatter)
f***ing outrageous :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... i doubt Flames are interested in package similar to Vesey and Georgiev and a B+ prospect,which i suspect is about the 'most fair' type of deal NYR would offer

****ing outrageous :laugh:

did you read the sentence? we are agreeing

if Johnny Hockey were to be moved, Flames can get more, deserve to get more
just very unlikely from NYR

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Gotta love these people who think that just because Gaudreau is fresh off a bad playoffs you are going to get him for a steal.... any combination of Zibanejad (a 2C, who could fill in as a low end 1C on a non-playoff team), Georgiev (a back-up goalie with some promise), Vesey (a 2LW/3LW), and a B+ prospect (translation a long shot to be an NHL player).

Zibanejad had a great season but he could very well of just had a career season that will prove to be an outlier.... his next best season is 23 points less than this one (46, 51, 37, 47, 74... one definitely looks different than the others).

Johnny Hockey (and I am an Oiler fan who "hates" the Flames) is easily a point per game player and is one the top 5 wingers in the game.

Start at your 2OA and then add... like someone else already said.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Unless Flames want to outbid Leafs, I don't see Georgeiv

and I am okay with moving Zib at the right price, but OP, your man Johnny is not it.

from flames I want RD Rasmus Andersson and significant add

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
did you read the sentence? we are agreeing

if Johnny Hockey were to be moved, Flames can get more, deserve to get more
just very unlikely from NYR
I fully got that. What I can’t get behind is the idea that the “most fair” offer the Rangers would provide would be Vesey + Georgiev + B prospect :laugh: for a young PPG+ player. You’re off your rocker if you think pieces like Buchnevic, Chytil, Kreider, Skjei, Andersson, Howden, etc. would be off the table, not only in terms of what would be asked, but what your GM would provide.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nobody is going to overpay for him
I’m down on him in particular right now and definitely am questioning his compete level but in general terms, a 99 pt NHL player is worth a lot more than the #2 overall pick.

Personally for my team I would absolutely not be chasing or want Gaudreau on my team, but again, in general sense, the #2 overall pick is nowhere near an overpay for that sort of proven production.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I’m down on him in particular right now and definitely am questioning his compete level but in general terms, a 99 pt NHL player is worth a lot more than the #2 overall pick.

Personally for my team I would absolutely not be chasing or want Gaudreau on my team, but again, in general sense, the #2 overall pick is nowhere near an overpay for that sort of proven production.
If hockey was a sport that had zero contact, I might agree
5 ft nothing and a buck something doesn't bode well for the long term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad