Johnny Gaudreau Should Be The New Face of Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Horrible defensively? Lol he's a + player in the tournament while your saviour McDavid forgets he's the fastest player in the NHL when he's playing defence and coasts back. And is also a - player in the tournament.

Gaudreau is real good defensively, which is why he's a + player on a team that gave up the most goals of any team last season.

You know you have a good arguement when you have to try and make other players look bad to prop your own.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Comparing a washout backup goalie to a 23 year old perennial all-star, top tier talent, and extremely likely hall of famer? :laugh: Good joke.

Ironically Bryzgalov probably had one of the highest media exposure to talent ratios ever.

Bryz would make a GREAT representative for the NHL. Highly entertaining. I'd vote for him over Johnny Trademark in a minute

Gaudreau well.... you need to get over this huge man-crush thing you have going on and accept that a very large chunk of people don't agree with you

Puckluck23*

You know you have a good arguement when you have to try and make other players look bad to prop your own.

You know you have a bad argument when you can't refute a single point. Gaudreau is way better than any of the Oilers defensively not named RNH.

But maybe I should let the Oilers fan be the expert on bad defence.

iloveloov*

1337 intangibles
Apr 24, 2013
Leafs & Canucks
I really didn't mean to offend all the insecure Oiler fans by not affirming their Messiah. I just think Gaudreau is more marketable. Sorry about that. He's still good at hockey and might even turn out to be better than Gaudreau but as of right now Johnny Hockey is 100 points ahead.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Bryz would make a GREAT representative for the NHL. Highly entertaining. I'd vote for him over Johnny Trademark in a minute

Gaudreau well.... you need to get over this huge man-crush thing you have going on and accept that a very large chunk of people don't agree with you

Plus Bryz knows it's just a game and you don't heff to be mad.

iloveloov*

1337 intangibles
Apr 24, 2013
Leafs & Canucks

When did I ever force anyone to agree with me? Maybe you're the one who needs to accept that a large chunk of people disagree with you.

You go ahead and enjoy your boring hockey McRobot, it won't bother me one bit.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
food-drink-hockey-hockey_stick-hockey_player-goal-goalie-aton1987_low.jpg

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
He doesn't have enough personality to be the face of the NHL and I don't think he would embrace that role.
P.K Subban should be the face of the NHL.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
When did I ever force anyone to agree with me? Maybe you're the one who needs to accept that a large chunk of people disagree with you.

Bwahahahah you think I'm an Oilers fan? Im just fine with Sid (and to a lesser extent Ovi) being the recognizable faces of hockey - or Subban as others have mentioned.

<although for someone who doesn't care one bit, you've managed to reply to almost every person who didn't agree with reasons they were wrong. Seems like a lot of effort for someone who doesn't care to me>

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World

To anyone that has been reading this thread, it's obvious that it bothers you quite a bit. :laugh:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The guy makes a couple nice plays, but also some terrible giveaways, and is horrible defensively (stopped skating on Forsbegs goal, let Sedin have a breakaway) and all of a sudden he's the face of hockey?

Most overrated player

I've actually been pretty impressed with how hard he's back-checked in this tournament. He's been the first forward on multiple occasions to break up a play or disrupt a good scoring chance. Although, he definitely was guilty of a couple poor reads in the 3 on 3 the other day. But thank goodness he doesn't do too much of that with the Flames.

Have to say though, your rationale for why he shouldn't be the face of hockey is rather odd since Ovechkin and Crosby are or were the faces of the NHL and they're just as guilty of bad turnovers and poor defensive plays i.e. Disconnected controller moments and -35 seasons.

iloveloov*

1337 intangibles
Apr 24, 2013
Leafs & Canucks
Bwahahahah you think I'm an Oilers fan? Im just fine with Sid (and to a lesser extent Ovi) being the recognizable faces of hockey - or Subban as others have mentioned.

<although for someone who doesn't care one bit, you've managed to reply to almost every person who didn't agree with reasons they were wrong. Seems like a lot of effort for someone who doesn't care to me>

To anyone that has been reading this thread, it's obvious that it bothers you quite a bit. :laugh:

I thought I was being polite by responding to critics in my own thread. Guess not? I'm out then have fun boys.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I really didn't mean to offend all the insecure Oiler fans by not affirming their Messiah. I just think Gaudreau is more marketable. Sorry about that. He's still good at hockey and might even turn out to be better than Gaudreau but as of right now Johnny Hockey is 100 points ahead.

Lol.

vannuckles

DieBettmanDie
Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C
Kane, Benn, and Ovechkin are all clearly better, after that its up for debate depending what you value in a player. Personally I would rather have Blake Wheeler, Tarasenko, Hall, and Perry on my team over JG but I know there are others who totally dismiss size and physicality being a positive attribute that contributes to the overall package of a player.

This.............

Come playoff time, he would be the last guy out of your list I would want. Hearing all these people trying to sell, that size does not matter is comical.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
You know you have a bad argument when you can't refute a single point. Gaudreau is way better than any of the Oilers defensively not named RNH.

But maybe I should let the Oilers fan be the expert on bad defence.

That's like being the tallest midget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad