News Article: Johnny Gaudreau seeks patent trademark 'JOhnny hockey'

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This was just the dose of 'Are you kidding me' that I needed after a long day. His skates aren't even broken in yet...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...y-flames-seeks-patent-trademark-johnny-hockey

He's seeking to patent and trademark Johnny Hockey in USA and Canada

The 21-year-old Gaudreau, who won the Hobey Baker Award as the nation's top collegiate player at Boston College, is seeking to use the moniker on sports equipment, apparel and accessories. The patent and trademark applications are pending, TSN reported.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nice loooong main board thread about it too. "Fun" read :laugh:

Hold onto your hat if you dare hold an opinion other than its well deserved and a good business decision :laugh:

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
And I'm there are more than a few of the NHL fraternity members around the league that will put him in his place.

maybe they can do him a favor and knockout a few of his teeth and then he can trademark "Johnny Toothless" too

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I think it's a smart move. I'm surprised some businessman hasn't tried to trademark it first and then sell him the trademark for a huge fee. He doesn't even have to market it, but he should own his own nickname in today's business climate or someone else will.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
You know it's bad when the only ones defending him are the fans of his team. I get that they haven't had a lot to root for in a while, but this is a dumb thing to champion.

Ron*

This kid is such a cocky Dbag.

i

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
He can send a royalty check to Manziel because without him this would never be a thing. John Tavares never big timed everyone when people were calling him Johnny Puck. Tavares was already and established star.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Dumb. Even dumber that you can potentially get a patent trademark on something like that.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Meh. Let the kid have a little personality. Is it arrogant? Yea, ridiculously. Is it entertaining? I find it amusing.

Ken Baumgartner 22

Jan 8, 2015
He can send a royalty check to Manziel because without him this would never be a thing. John Tavares never big timed everyone when people were calling him Johnny Puck. Tavares was already and established star.

And Manziel & Gaugreau both should pay royalty to Don Mattingly aka Donny Baseball

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
The reason why this was done was because someone created a Johnny F'in hockey t-shirt for sale. His agent did not feel that was appropriate and filed the paperwork for the trademark. He apparently didn't even notify Gaudreau till the process was almost complete.

But yes, he has an ego....

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
The kid is ****ing good.

And calm down guys. We are division rivals. We don't like you guys, remember? Talk **** all you want about us on your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad