Johnny Gaudreau ejected for arguing embellishment call

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
The number of people in this thread thinking a player should be able to scream an official down without punishment staggers me.

If we change the rule to “arguing with the official is punishable by minor or misconduct... unless the player really feels like it was a bad call...”

Well, god help us all.

I don't think any player or coach should be allowed to yell at officials. But, the referees bring on this bad behaviour by trying to become the focus of games regularly. How often do we see linesmen delay faceoffs? How about officials who swear back at players and coaches? Name another sport that allows referees to throw gloves back at players. Referees wield a ton of control over games and there's no public acknowledgement for their mistakes.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Mcdavid has been pegged with embellishment calls and dived in games, does that make him a disgusting diver? Or is that only a title for others when it fits your narrative?

JG is a whiner, he whines about so many calls/non calls but everyone saying he is a known diver is so out of touch and strangely it comes prominently from oiler fans in here.
Where do I say that McDavid doesn't dive? I was merely commenting that Gaudreau does dive and that's a fact. In fact he embellished so much last season that he got fined for it a year ago around this time. This was a bad call, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Gaudreau's previous antics played into the refs not giving him benefit of the doubt.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Its Gaudreaus own fault, he shouldnt have stopped growing when he did, then the stick wouldnt be anywhere near his face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad