OT: John Tortorella Suspension? (UPD: Suspended 15 days/6 games, Hartley fined $25,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

givemeda411

Sep 7, 2007
Vancouver
i'll say a 10-15
how long did mcphee get? there is precedence for this but it happened a long time ago

Lorne Molleken incident[edit]
On September 25, 1999, McPhee, angry at what he perceived to be dirty play by the Chicago Blackhawks, punched then Blackhawks head coach Lorne Molleken outside the Chicago locker room after their teams' exhibition game. Molleken sustained injuries to his head and in response Blackhawks players and team aides jumped McPhee, leaving him with a torn suit. On October 1, 1999, Gary Bettman, the NHL commissioner, suspended McPhee for a month without pay and fined him $20,000

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
For what he didn't attack anyone just because cbc is spinning it doesn't mean anything

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Fine at most. Didn't hit anyone so I doubt there'd be any further disciplinary action, although with the NHL's track record I wouldn't be surprised.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Hartley is one of the most shameless coaches in the league. He forced Scott Walker to fight even if injured.

The man has no shame and has no business coaching.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
There's no guessing with these fools, but I didn't see Torts throw any punches or anything so what's the big deal? It was nothing so egregious as to call for a suspension.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Senators fan here. Big respect for Torts for doing what he did. I used to hate Vancouver during your cup run because of your passiveness and diving, but I can't help but feel like Torts is turning that around. I don't care what anyone says, it's a game of emotions and not class. Being part of a few teams myself, that's exactly what I'd like to see my own coach do. Really tells the players that it's about the team, not about the "paycheck" or the "image".

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Senators fan here. Big respect for Torts for doing what he did. I used to hate Vancouver during your cup run because of your passiveness and diving, but I can't help but feel like Torts is turning that around. I don't care what anyone says, it's a game of emotions and not class. Being part of a few teams myself, that's exactly what I'd like to see my own coach do. Really tells the players that it's about the team, not about the "paycheck" or the "image".

Same here from another Sens fan.

Torts has the guys on the right track. This is a transition season for the team, but watch his style pay big dividends next year.

Torts is consistent. He called out DeBoer in New Jersey for doing the exact same thing against the Rangers 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad