OT: John Tortorella Suspension? (UPD: Suspended 15 days/6 games, Hartley fined $25,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Fine but no suspension. People were smart enough not to take a screaming match physical. That was surreal though seeing the Canucks head coach a few seconds from kicking the entire Flames roster's ass in the hallway.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Steve Ott and Flyers coach Laviolette had it out behind the bench and nothing happened. Why should the NHL suspend Torts for yelling at Hartley?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Maybe a fine. This isn't the first time this has happened.

So probably a precident setting suspension because we're the Canucks.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
I'm thinking a couple games but hoping for less than 5... But being an extreme unrealist when it comes to the NHL and the Canucks, he'd get 10 because he's Tortorella and coaches the Canucks... But anything less than 5 or just a couple would be fair

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

But NHL coach "traveling" as far as Torts went to get verbally and/or potentially physically involved with opposing team won't be accepted.

hankdank

Feb 4, 2012
British Columbia
Come ooooon guys. I don;t mind what Torts did, as a Canucks fan- but he obviously deserves to get suspended.

He went over to the Flames hallway, and the altercation DID get physical, it was just mostly out of frame, and no punches were thrown. Pushing and shoving.

Obvious suspension. Probably a few games.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Shanny will spin the wheel on this one for sure. I expect a significant fine and possibly up to 5 games but as a fan of the team I'm absolutely fine with what he did.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
He'll be suspended...but I believe it's worth it. He's changing our image and the way we handle ourselfs. He obviously had enough and chose to be a leader and fight back. Sometimes these things work wonders, and make an impact for sure.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
He'll be suspended...but I believe it's worth it. He's changing our image and the way we handle ourselfs. He obviously had enough and chose to be a leader and fight back. Sometimes these things work wonders, and make an impact for sure.

Is this really an image we want? To be goons? (even though we already were seen that way)

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
What precedence is there for a suspension? This is hardly the first time a coach has gone after someone on the opposing team in the hallway. Surely the league has to take the fact that Hartley told his players to start a line brawl at the start of the game into consideration as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad