John Tortorella is not happy with Pierre Luc-Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
It sounds like choice between my 1C and coach. If I'm the GM and I have that choice it's goodbye Torts.
Maybe in general terms.

But if Dubois is acting this way now, sulking without giving the reason why, then maybe he has an attitude problem? These typically don't go away just because you change the coach.

Reactions: zeeto

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
Tortorella:

297.png

Reactions: Score8 and Greggo56

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Just speculating, but with the pandemic happening, and the weird political climate in the US, dude probably just wants to go home, and I really wouldn't blame him (can also see why he wouldn't wanna talk about it, if it's for these reasons).

He's also shown that he plays pretty damn well against Toronto, so perhaps he also wants more of that as a member of the Habs, lol.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I like Torts interviews, but not everyone responds to his brand of coaching. Some do.

What is a 18-22 year old players supposed to say? "Hey coach (who decides my ice time, my earning potential, and potentially my whole career), I think you're wrong. I'm starting to flinch because you yell at me so much. I'm trying my best. You're not coaching me to be better ,you're just blaming me for mistakes. I think I'm better off elsewhere." Some people just aren't built that way. OR they don't get that kind of attitude until they're 30.

Does Torts not understand these aren't fully formed adults yet? I think he's being a bit unreasonable here expecting a young kid to confront him. Especially if it is the relentless criticism that is driving the desire to move.

I mean, what happens if PLD does confront Torts? Is that a team motivated move or is Torts going to use that confrontation to drive a wedge between PLD and his teammates "Hey guys PLD wants special treatment, look at that baby!"

IDK.

Edit: I also want to add that if PLD does say he wants to go because of Torts shouldn't that be kept under wraps anyway so as not to drive a wedge between players who support PLD and players who support Torts? Does PLD want a new coach/team or does he want Torts fired? I mean, maybe PLD is doing the mature thing and asking out rather than fighting with Torts and blowing up the team or getting Torts fired.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Just speculating, but with the pandemic happening, and the weird political climate in the US, dude probably just wants to go home, and I really wouldn't blame him (can also see why he wouldn't wanna talk about it, if it's for these reasons).
yeah that's some speculation alright
Honestly, I still love Torts.

I think the whole "you have to coddle today's players" theory has been squashed in recent years.
guys like him are tough, they'll drag greatness out of some but others respond by shutting down. double edged sword i guess. honestly i'm good with how he worded that interview, he challenged DLB to tell him what his problem is and he's completely right about 2 men being honest with each other. if PLD doesn't like the money or whatever the problem is with the contract negotiations he needs to step up and tell torts likewise. play out the season and move on.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
PLD is really coming across as a soft primadona here.

Demanding out just because his coach is hard on him?

He is even close to being good enough to start making these kind of demands.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
More than likely PLD is embarrassed to own up to why he wants out. I sure hope it isn't because he's soft, cultural issues (isn't his mother American?), or can't deal with the political leanings of certain teammates...

I mean, people’s political leanings are breaking up families these days, so it wouldn’t be shocking that it could disrupt a locker room.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
More than likely PLD is embarrassed to own up to why he wants out. I sure hope it isn't because he's soft, cultural issues (isn't his mother American?), or can't deal with the political leanings of certain teammates...

What'd honestly be worse to you; this, or him being too thin-skinned to handle Tortorella yelling at him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce