John Tavares vs Erik Karlsson

Which contract has better value?

• Total voters

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Karlsson is not the same player he once was. He really hasn't been since the achilles injury. Tavares just finished a season with career highs.

If this was pre-Cooke Karlsson, it would probably be a no-brainer,

I... don't understand. Do people just not watch Karlsson play? The Cooke thing was early 2013, he came back for that years playoffs and was almost a PPG.

2015-2016 you could make a Hart case for him. PPG, first defenseman since Orr to lead the league in assists.

The guy was 2 helpers away from leading the post season in assists this part year with a torn groin.

Man is Karlsson ever underrated now lol.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You gotta take JT

Karlsson could be experiencing a very steep decline starting very soon, those injury concerns are no joke.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
His production IS great for a defenseman. Tavares's is good but not great for a center.

And aside from production, he does much more to control thw game when on the ice

One thing I’ll say that JT definitely does not control the game as much as I thought he does.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You gotta take JT

Karlsson could be experiencing a very steep decline starting very soon, those injury concerns are no joke.

They're not a joke but the injury concern is nowhere near as dire as you think it is. Karlsson's not starting a decline anytime soon. People are seemingly out of the loop on this stuff now that he's in San Jose.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Idk why people think Karlsson is headed towards some steep decline.

Just this past season when Karlsson could barely skate, he was still a dynamic presence on the ice and almost led the playoff in assists. Any other player skating as slow as him wouldn't have been playing but, Karlsson despite skating so slow still outproduces 99 percent of defenceman in the league.

I'm pretty damn sure Karlsson at 38 will be skating better than injured Karlsson this past post season and he will still be a star player.

Hockey IQ and vision like that just doesn't go away.

As for injury concerns this is really his first wear and tear injury of his career. He is remarkably durable and I think thats what led to the poor handling of this injury.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad