John Tavares sets a new franchise record

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
While it is a kind of random record, good on Tavares for setting it :).

Was such a big deal when he signed here and he's definitely been fun to watch out there. Hopefully the second half of the season is a good one for him and the team.

Reactions: slozo

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Just kidding ...

I heard Tavares and Allison are going to have a race around the rink.

Be nice to see him get back on a roll.

Allison...there’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile. How late will the rink be open? Might want to clear the SBA schedule that day if Allison is skating

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
He was an All-Star in the old NHL. I wonder if he would ever have been able to keep up with the speed of today’s game in his prime.

In one of Allison's (infamously slow) shootout attempts, the announcer described him as "moving at the speed of bread". I'll never forget that line. So funny! I'd give a like to anyone that can find a clip of it. I've searched before to no avail.

isles71190

Apr 15, 2010
Unframed, fully authenticated with proper paperwork. This was supposed to be the centerpiece of my man-cave one day but that ship has sailed. Before I throw this thing in the Long Island Sound, I figured id approach leafs forum to see if anyone is interested in buying it. If so, Please send direct message to discuss price and I will provide any/all requested pictures.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
So I've Learned That Love's Not Possession
And I've Learned That Love Won't Wait
Now I've Learned That Love Needs Expression
But I Learned Too Late

"...Tito, get me a tissue."

Reactions: CincoHolio

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Unframed, fully authenticated with proper paperwork. This was supposed to be the centerpiece of my man-cave one day but that ship has sailed. Before I throw this thing in the Long Island Sound, I figured id approach leafs forum to see if anyone is interested in buying it. If so, Please send direct message to discuss price and I will provide any/all requested pictures.

throw it in Long Island sound and please post videos and pics.

Reactions: Ciao and Rogie

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
So I've Learned That Love's Not Possession
And I've Learned That Love Won't Wait
Now I've Learned That Love Needs Expression
But I Learned Too Late

"...Tito, get me a tissue."
He was a skater boy
She said "see ya later boy"
He wasn't good enough for her

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine having a signed jersey of one of the best players in your franchises history, and the best in the modern era, and wanting to get rid of it because he made a decision for his career and family

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Imagine having a signed jersey of one of the best players in your franchises history, and the best in the modern era, and wanting to get rid of it because he made a decision for his career and family

I guess we will have a chance to imagine that in 4 years.... if the Coyotes don’t fold or relocate.

71s15S3VFGL._AC_SY606_.jpg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well if someone is following his career, perhaps they'd have some interest.

I have a colleague who has been collecting authenticated 99's Jersey's from all his teams. I think they're game worn ... too much coin in my eyes.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I guess we will have a chance to imagine that in 4 years.... if the Coyotes don’t fold or relocate.

71s15S3VFGL._AC_SY606_.jpg

eh i think (or at least hope) Leafs fans wont be such babies about it. Its a business and if all else is equal (salary and term) some players decide home is the best option who can blame them, Matthews wasn't 10 years old dreaming of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs. I bet the islanders organization wishes they'd play the leafs 82 games a season its the only way they sell their shitty arenas out. Imagine hating a player more than loving your team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad