Sportsnet: John Tavares "kept it real"

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I hope this results in them coming together and learning how to start an elimination game on time, in addition to being able to convert the numerous chances they set themselves up for.

Do or die season, really hoping the boys prove worthy of the hype and love they've gotten over the years.

Reactions: shortfuze

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I hope this results in them coming together and learning how to start an elimination game on time, in addition to being able to convert the numerous chances they set themselves up for.

Do or die season, really hoping the boys prove worthy of the hype and love they've gotten over the years.

...or this season will be: When keeping it real goes wrong!

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Major Changes should have been promoted to General Changes a while ago.
I have little to no faith in the current roster to turn things around and make the fanbase proud. I hope they prove me wrong.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Hope not, this is the last season I can stomach this core/management/team. If they fail to perform again I think it'll be time for major changes
Already given up on this core. Expect Dubas to fire Keefe by Christmas. Dubey will get dumped season's end, and Shanny shown the door shortly after the playoffs start.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Already given up on this core. Expect Dubas to fire Keefe by Christmas. Dubey will get dumped season's end, and Shanny shown the door shortly after the playoffs start.

ok the same 3 people just go into every thread and bring up dubas and moan and groan like a bunch of crybabies.
i have an idea.. log off and come back in 5 months, clearly your still depressed from 2 months ago.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm gonna go ahead and just be optimistic about the season to come, appreciate that I've got a team to watch that doesn't suck, and hope the can actually be great.

Also, people talking about Shanny being removed? LOL. Maybe Keefe and Dubas is everything goes bad, but I highly doubt Shanny is on any kind of hot seat.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm gonna go ahead and just be optimistic about the season to come, appreciate that I've got a team to watch that doesn't suck, and hope the can actually be great.

Also, people talking about Shanny being removed? LOL. Maybe Keefe and Dubas is everything goes bad, but I highly doubt Shanny is on any kind of hot seat.

I don't like the results we've seen the past couple of years with their inability to take the next steps, but I think a dramatic regime change isn't what we need right now. We've seen Kyle and Co. go through some growing pains as management staff too, and you'd have to think they've learned something between 2018 and now. It might be a dangerous idea to bring in a new team to perform big mandate changes to a program they're unfamiliar with.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
hopefully the pricy guys kept it real about letting down their GM really badly, who has done nothing but push the chips in on them.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I don't like the results we've seen the past couple of years with their inability to take the next steps, but I think a dramatic regime change isn't what we need right now. We've seen Kyle and Co. go through some growing pains as management staff too, and you'd have to think they've learned something between 2018 and now. It might be a dangerous idea to bring in a new team to perform big mandate changes to a program they're unfamiliar with.

Especially considering the cap circumstances the entire league is in because of COVID.

No one saw something like this happening. I can't blame Kyle for cap problems when it looked like/and was predicted that the cap ceiling was going to explode, while the opposite happened.

I'd still take our situation over any of the other Canadian franchises right now.

But yeah, we all want more, but not sure heads need to roll as though someone really screwed up in management.

Reactions: Fat Ryan

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Seriously, I thought this team was so divergent from one another that something like that wouldn't have even been possible. So it is positive as far as I'm concerned. Maybe there's some hope that they could perform better in the playoffs.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
ok the same 3 people just go into every thread and bring up dubas and moan and groan like a bunch of crybabies.
i have an idea.. log off and come back in 5 months, clearly your still depressed from 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It’s nice to see them getting together.

BUT, JT has been here for a few seasons now.

If this is the first time this has happened... that’s odd.

If this isn’t the first time this has happened.... it’s nice but probably meaningless.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad