John Tavares Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I get angry at the call every now & again, until I'm reminded that the refs f***ed up far worse in the cup final - including on an overtime game winning goal.

It could have been worse. The team still had plenty of time to sort it out after the call. Excuses.
There were a lot of calls either missed or just let go in our series and in every other series, including the finals. There always are.

What amazes me is that there are actually prople who can look at that video and genuinely believe that there wasn't a penalty, and also that there was any way the refs could not call it.

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
There were a lot of calls either missed or just let go in our series and in every other series, including the finals. There always are.

What amazes me is that there are actually prople who can look at that video and genuinely believe that there wasn't a penalty, and also that there was any way the refs could not call it.
It was a penalty, but it was also something they could easily let go. They let go far worse.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I can’t believe there are people who blame the penalty/not penalty for the Leafs losing……….they had 58 other minutes to get the job done as well as 2 games prior to end the series but as usual they failed

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It led too directly to a scoring chance to be ignored.

There were calls in the cup final that were missed, that led to overtime game winning goals.

If I'm choosing which one of the "bad calls" I'd rather my team ended up behind, it's the one that still gives my team a chance to fix things.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
There were calls in the cup final that were missed, that led to overtime game winning goals.

If I'm choosing which one of the "bad calls" I'd rather my team ended up behind, it's the one that still gives my team a chance to fix things.
The kadri one doesnt count that was karma for tampas goal with too many last year

They also didnt blow it down for tampas illegal substitution and it was an even play when kadri got the puck.. badly played by a dman and strongly played by a forward

The holl one was directly in the middle of where 20 plus thousand sets of eyes in the building were looking as the focal point of a goal play.. holl made such a stupid decision there might as well have been a spotlight on him

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

The one that led to the OT goal was a too many men penalty, which occurred fairly far from the play, and it could be argued that the player leaving the ice had no impact on the play.

Much worse in my opinion was the Cup winning goal, where the Avs player tripped the Tampa player in the Avs end, then joined what became an odd man rush.

I didn't agree with either non-call, particularly the latter, but both infractions occurred well away from the play.

Holl's pick was only a couple of feet from the puck carrier, and directly and immediately created a scoring chance. That was a bad play by Holl, but not a 'bad call'.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
The one that led to the OT goal was a too many men penalty, which occurred fairly far from the play, and it could be argued that the player leaving the ice had no impact on the play.

Much worse in my opinion was the Cup winning goal, where the Avs player tripped the Tampa player in the Avs end, then joined what became an odd man rush.

I didn't agree with either non-call, particularly the latter, but both infractions occurred well away from the play.

Holl's pick was only a couple of feet from the puck carrier, and directly and immediately created a scoring chance. That was a bad play by Holl, but not a 'bad call'.
Nah.. see that was almost a good non call.. bellemare grabbed mansons stick plain as day like tampa does every game all game and they twisted and manson pulled his stick hard out of bellemares body

Referee should have been telling them stop grabbing f***en sticks and this doesnt happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad