Confirmed with Link: John Rosso replaces Al Murray as Director of Amateur Scouting | Murray named Senior Advisor to GM

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'd say Coleman and Goodrow were good....
They weren't drafted by us but pro scouting moves were great. Whoever was I'm charge proscouting for trades and try our contracts hit really effin well on Gourde, Msl, Versailles, and marasscheults over the years. The only real closing trade so far was Jeannot.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yzerman hasn't exactly being hitting them all out of the park in Detroit either tho
...I don't think that's true at all. They have a lot of long-term projects, guys who project to be rookies around age 23, same as we had. And he's been a little better with their first rounders, a clear weak-spot in his game here. They have like 10 guys in the pipeline who look like sure bet NHLers. Their prospect pool is very deep. I mean, yes, that's because they have a lot more picks, but I don't think you can say they aren't getting more out of those picks, just like we did, than the average NHL team.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
...I don't think that's true at all. They have a lot of long-term projects, guys who project to be rookies around age 23, same as we had. And he's been a little better with their first rounders, a clear weak-spot in his game here. They have like 10 guys in the pipeline who look like sure bet NHLers. Their prospect pool is very deep. I mean, yes, that's because they have a lot more picks, but I don't think you can say they aren't getting more out of those picks, just like we did, than the average NHL team.
Seiser and Raymond look like studs. The zadina guy looks like a bust so far.

Reactions: The Gongshow

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Al and his department found a few gems in Point , Perbix and Kucherov. The dvelopment and minor league departments did great at devloping them. The Jeannot trade seems terrible and hopefully he makes an impact next and signs for cheap. The hagel trade was highway robbery now.
So basically they negate each other out and JBB has not made any great trade. Yzerman really made some good trades for Sergachev, Bishop, Cernak as a throw in, and getting VAsi essentially for Downie.
Craig Button tells a story about how Al Murray believed he would be fired if TB didn't land Brayden Point. Just saying, more of this comes down to the GM than we would like to believe.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seiser and Raymond look like studs. The zadina guy looks like a bust so far.
It's not just about studs. Within a few years they will have a roster full of homegrown talent. Mazur just scored 50 points in college.

Their pool is really deep. I mean, they haven't found a Point or a Kucherov, that we know of, but they are finding players in the middle rounds the same as we did.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Oh man,I updated Lightning Hf boards page,and saw name of this thread with my side view,and what do I saw? Green thing that means that this is confirmed by link,and letters N A M E....at this moment my first thoufht was "ufff we signed N A M Estnikov again" xD

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Oh man,I updated Lightning Hf boards page,and saw name of this thread with my side view,and what do I saw? Green thing that means that this is confirmed by link,and letters N A M E....at this moment my first thoufht was "ufff we signed N A M Estnikov again" xD
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Peacefool

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The bored would right unless it was league minimum deal 3 days from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad