Confirmed with Link: John Rosso replaces Al Murray as Director of Amateur Scouting | Murray named Senior Advisor to GM

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It doesn't get worse than this.

Can easily speculate that he was unhappy with having no picks if he goes elsewhere.
I mean yes next year we don’t have a 1st or 2nd rounder and we also don’t have a 4th rounder. Also don’t have a 1st rounder till 2026.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He’s 66 years old but Dreger’s tweet makes it sound like he’s ready for a new start somewhere else after 13 seasons in Tampa compared to him maybe just wanting a position with less travel/stress/responsibilities. I have no issues with promoting Rosso who’s been here almost as long as Murray

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I honestly think we over-state his impact and understate the GM's role in drafting. Murray wasnt drafting gems in LA, and we haven't seen any gems since Yzerman left.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
John Rosso is credited with the later picks like Perbix, Colton, and Koepke.
I honestly think we over-state his impact and understate the GM's role in drafting. Murray wasnt drafting gems in LA, and we haven't seen any gems since Yzerman left.
The 32 Thoughts Podcast interviewed Chuck Fletcher, and asked him about the GMs role in the draft.

44:05

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It feels like Murray hasn't hit a home run in a while, but then you go back to the 2017 and 2018 drafts and realize there was nobody good selected around where we picked anyways. And we still found Colton, Perbix, Koepke. Anything within 4 years is too early to judge imo.

He'll be missed, but you have to put faith in the continuity of the scouting staff. Especially Rosso who's been there a long time.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

crying-penguin.gif

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Al and his department found a few gems in Point , Perbix and Kucherov. The dvelopment and minor league departments did great at devloping them. The Jeannot trade seems terrible and hopefully he makes an impact next and signs for cheap. The hagel trade was highway robbery now.
So basically they negate each other out and JBB has not made any great trade. Yzerman really made some good trades for Sergachev, Bishop, Cernak as a throw in, and getting VAsi essentially for Downie.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Al and his department found a few gems in Point , Perbix and Kucherov. The dvelopment and minor league departments did great at devloping them. The Jeannot trade seems terrible and hopefully he makes an impact next and signs for cheap. The hagel trade was highway robbery now.
So basically they negate each other out and JBB has not made any great trade. Yzerman really made some good trades for Sergachev, Bishop, Cernak as a throw in, and getting VAsi essentially for Downie.
I'd say Coleman and Goodrow were good....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad