John Moore's hit on Dale Weise - Suspended 2 games - Video in post 177

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Weise out tonight. This is going to sound terrible, but if Moore was going to be an idiot, it could have at least been on an effective player.

i know, I mean therrien wasn't THAT far from the hit. Maybe he should have went after him :sarcasm:

SaveByLundqvist

Sep 7, 2007
I think Diaz helps the PP tonight, however I'm a little nervous with him 5 on 5 since he hasn't played in a bit.

Moore should of gotten 1 game on the suspension for 1 key difference with the Prust play. He got called for a 5 minute major and ejected. It practically kiled the Rangers chances in game 5. If Prust got that call in Game 3, we might be sitting here thinking about the Hawks or Kings after sweeping them.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
Weise out tonight. This is going to sound terrible, but if Moore was going to be an idiot, it could have at least been on an effective player.

Weise is effective for them. He's one of their 4th line energy guys who goes around running our guys. Kreider just ducked out of the way in the first period last game (but still caught part of his leg), on a play that clearly looked like charging.

AHB*

Weise is effective for them. He's one of their 4th line energy guys who goes around running our guys. Kreider just ducked out of the way in the first period last game (but still caught part of his leg), on a play that clearly looked like charging.

I don't think Weise has been a factor this series, at all.

Much more concerned with a number of players. Taking out a 4th line plug for Moore is not a good trade-off IMO.

WVULax22

Apr 8, 2014
i know, I mean therrien wasn't THAT far from the hit. Maybe he should have went after him :sarcasm:

Can you imagine what this series would be like if Tortorella was still the coach? Tortorella would have gone full madman on him by now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The first priority for any defenseman is to defend. Ability to put up pwp points is a very secondary consideration. Diaz only helps our pwp if he actually helps our pwp score a goal. That likely won't happen. In 11 regular season games for us Diaz had one assist on the pwp. In two playoff games he has 0 points. Diaz has offensive skills but he's not shown in his NHL career that he is a productive offensive player for his position. And.....there are not very d-men around the league who have proven to be effective offensive players. Those guys tend to be top 4 guys and very often stars. Diaz is neither.

What I hope for him tonight is he defends well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad