Player Discussion John Merrill: a.k.a. Joe Dirt, a.k.a. Letterkenny Extra Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
joe-dirt_38863944_ver1.0.jpg

Reactions: dinodebino

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think Kulak is more steady. Gus will bring more offense, but apparently he is a desaster in his own end. That’s why a prefer kulak.
Kulak has served us well, but he seems to be struggling at the moment. Merrill is steady and reliable, which is what you want in your bottom pair D.

Reactions: Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was about to come here to ask about that. They did it on purpose? Was wondering why he was in Edmonton lol

Yes. It was purposely arranged that way. Bergevin explained it in his presser yesterday. That the plan was to have Merrill and Gustafsson serve their quarantines in the city where the Habs will be when the players come out of their quarantine.

If they had them come to Montreal to quarantine, they would have to wait even longer before joining the team. Since the team will be on the road, if Merrill and Gustafsson would be in Montreal, they would only be able to travel commercial and that would extend their quarantine.

This way, they'll be where the Habs will be and thus simplifies it all. They just need to come out of quarantine and the team is already there.

Reactions: Hullois

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'm curious to see what's going to happen with Romanov/Merrill/Kulak/Gustafsson

I think you're likely to see a rotation the rest of the year with Edmunson-Petry, Chiartor-Weber being entrenched as the top 4.
Also interesting what happens with the PP. Gustafsson, if dressed, is probably our best powerplay defenceman.

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Also interesting what happens with the PP. Gustafsson, if dressed, is probably our best powerplay defenceman.

As I’ve suggested in another thread, when you play Gusto you pair him with a defence first partner like Merrill.

Or, as others have suggested, you also get him into the lineup as a 4th liner.

Reactions: Archijerej

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So a reporter REALLY asked him about his hair?:laugh:

Yeah, he did. And Merrill’s answer was stellar, but can’t remember it word for word. The presser is probably available on 690.

The guy is so cool and what struck me the most was how humble he is and how lucky he said he felt every time he gets to play an NHL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad