Value of: John Klingberg to the Oilers

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
Honestly, in a vacuum, the value is there. Draisaitl + 9OA would also be extremely appealing to the Stars.

In reality, Klingberg simply isn't available. The Stars waited a decade to find an elite d-man, and so long as Seguin sticks around, 2C is easier to replace than 1D.

I'd say theres approximately a 2.0% chance of Klingberg being available for trade in the near future.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Honestly, in a vacuum, the value is there. Draisaitl + 9OA would also be extremely appealing to the Stars.

In reality, Klingberg simply isn't available. The Stars waited a decade to find an elite d-man, and so long as Seguin sticks around, 2C is easier to replace than 1D.

I'd say theres approximately a 2.0% chance of Klingberg being available for trade in the near future.

However, in terms of value, Draisaitl and the 9th OA is just too much.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
As a Stars fan, I hate it, but everyone is available for a price, so have a go.

I doubt Stars do it now, but in half a season if both Honka and Miro are anywhere near JK offensive ability, he might be traded (if Gretsky, etc.) If they luck out with both of their young PMD, then a trade for a quality forward (and to be realistic it has to the most talented forward not named McDavid) might pan out.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
As a Stars fan, I hate it, but everyone is available for a price, so have a go.

I doubt Stars do it now, but in half a season if both Honka and Miro are anywhere near JK offensive ability, he might be traded (if Gretsky, etc.) If they luck out with both of their young PMD, then a trade for a quality forward (and to be realistic it has to the most talented forward not named McDavid) might pan out.

Honka had 4 points in 42 games this season.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Draisaitl and 2 1sts would...

Im not sure why this needs to be stated every time these thought come up... When someone says there is nothing Edmonton has that we would trade Klingberg for its pretty safe to assume OP means within reason of what could be actually offered.

Would Dallas take Drai + 2 1sts or McDavid. Obviously but Edmonton would never even think about offering that

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ouch this deal hurts. No thanks. Draisaitl would absolutely have to be the main piece coming back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad