Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Him and Stutzle were the only positives for Germany tonight

I like Elias a bit too but yeah, a team playing with only 14 skaters is hard to keep up with a team as deep as Canada. He and Stutzle didn't quit. Wish Rychel had been here to put that line back together, but what can you do?

Despite the losses, I've been pleased with Peterka's games so far.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
And he still has another year of eligibility for the WJC...JJP could be the next Pominville/Roy 2nd round steal. All 4 of our WJC attendees have been anywhere from above average to incredible. The present and future look so much better compared to 1 year ago. Hoping JJP can be our version of Marchand even if his scoring at the NHL is closer to Marchands his first few seasons... 50-60 points a season and just an aggressive, hard working lunchpail type with the ability to create offense.Crazy that he is only our 3rd best forward prospect.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
And he still has another year of eligibility for the WJC...JJP could be the next Pominville/Roy 2nd round steal. All 4 of our WJC attendees have been anywhere from above average to incredible. The present and future look so much better compared to 1 year ago. Hoping JJP can be our version of Marchand even if his scoring at the NHL is closer to Marchands his first few seasons... 50-60 points a season and just an aggressive, hard working lunchpail type with the ability to create offense.Crazy that he is only our 3rd best forward prospect.

Stutzle is eligible too.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Eventually we have to get lucky and hit on some of these 2nd round or later picks. It feels like it has been 10 years since we “got lucky”.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Are we getting ahead of ourselves saying he's NHL ready? Idk this is a kid I really don't want to ruin.

Almost certainly. He's having a phenomenal WJC, but I don't see any reason to deviate from the development plan for this year (ICEHL-->WJC-->DEL). Let him play out the rest of his season against men in the DEL, and, if he continues on the arc he's on, get hyped about what he can show us in camp next summer/fall.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Almost certainly. He's having a phenomenal WJC, but I don't see any reason to deviate from the development plan for this year (ICEHL-->WJC-->DEL). Let him play out the rest of his season against men in the DEL, and, if he continues on the arc he's on, get hyped about what he can show us in camp next summer/fall.

id like him and Quinn in the AHL in 21/22

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I wouldn't even consider him AHL ready. Next step for him is back to the DEL to show what he can do in a competitive pro league.

This. We’ve had Schutz and Gogulla and neither were ready for NHL action after the DEL.

The only DEL player I can think of to jump from DEL straight to NHL was Marco Sturm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad