Confirmed with Link: John Hynes fired; Andrew Brunette hired as new HC

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Is this something I should be excited about or not?
He led the Panthers to the President's Trophy (and a first round win before then getting swept by the Lightning) taking over after Quenneville got fired. Also an assistant for New Jersey this season (and it's perhaps doubtful that Lindy Ruff all of a sudden became a great coach, so....).

He's also about 4 months removed from a DUI while driving a golf cart.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Difficult to say how this will go considering Brunette's short track record as a head coach.

Kinda cool that the first ever Predator goal scorer is now gonna be the head coach (Crazy to me that the Tennessean article doesn't mention this).

Also, get ready for the golf cart DUI jokes.

Reactions: SouthNash

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He led the Panthers to the President's Trophy (and a first round win before then getting swept by the Lightning) taking over after Quenneville got fired. Also an assistant for New Jersey this season (and it's perhaps doubtful that Lindy Ruff all of a sudden became a great coach, so....).

He's also about 4 months removed from a DUI while driving a golf cart.

I get it but that roster is (and was) stacked. Hopefully he does well with a less opportune situation.

The golf cart thing is probably what every weekend looks like in my neighborhood. I'm sure some will decide to make a big deal out of it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I get it but that roster is (and was) stacked. Hopefully he does well with a less opportune situation.

The golf cart thing is probably what every weekend looks like in my neighborhood. I'm sure some will decide to make a big deal out of it.
Well, at the very least it seems clear he can do well with talented teams, which isn't as much of a slam dunk as one would think.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Can I please ask the board to, after a sufficient period of mourning kicking him while he's down, to let Hynes fade into our collective obscurity. Devils fans have this very weird worse-than-Ryan Boooooooter obsession with him.
I personally don't really care one way or another about him. Sure I have a few issues with his decisions but overall I think he had a forgettable tenure with, frankly, mostly forgettable rosters.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well definitely did not see Brunette being the choice, but he's had a good track record thus far so not mad with the decision. I was under the impression he was sort of the "head coach in waiting" in Jersey for when Ruff retired. Will be interesting to see what Taylor ends up doing. My guess is assistant for us.

So what's the word on the Brunette coaching style? His tenure in Florida was speed and skill based but he was also an interim with a very differently constructed roster.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
this is a wait and see before I comment on it being a good or bad hire. kind of bummed it isn’t Taylor. hopefully we can get him on as an assistant after the Ads are done.
This is what I'm expecting. He takes Lambert's offense and PP responsibility. Hinote stays on for PK. They were teammates with Colorado, right? Richards stays with the D unless there is someone that Burnett wants to bring with him.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
this is a wait and see before I comment on it being a good or bad hire. kind of bummed it isn’t Taylor. hopefully we can get him on as an assistant after the Ads are done.
I wonder if Taylor has another job lined up with another org or is being moved up as an asst? Certainly they wouldn't just blindside him during the WCF down 2-1?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
My take on Hynes is that he did ok. But we had sufficient time with the current staff and roster to see what the most likely range of outcomes were and there was really no point in continuing.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
holy cow. whoever said get ready for the golf cart jokes wasn’t kidding. that’s gonna get old quick especially since there is a video of the whole ordeal.

• Haha

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
holy cow. whoever said get ready for the golf cart jokes wasn’t kidding. that’s gonna get old quick especially since there is a video of the whole ordeal.
Good thing I've never really given a crap about what the rest of the leagues fans think. Can't be any worse than the early years when they were constantly trying to move the team or want it shut down.

Reactions: predhead1

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
People still make banner jokes 5 years later so what do you expect.

Fortunately I have combined them to make things easier:
1685468171303.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad