John Gibson or William Nylander

John Gibson or William Nylander

• John Gibson

• William Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
we have an elite goalie, though he's injured. give me Nylander, we desperately need capable top 6 wingers. Robertson and Radulov need help

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Goaltending the only position where you can't hold your weight for multiple years and still be considered elite.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Oddly if I were the leafs I would want Gibson. I doubt many leafs fans with agree because they are attached to willy.

For the hawks I’d say it’s a toss up but I’d probably go with nylander. I have some faith, maybe misplaced, in lankinen. When I think of who each player would replace I think nylander is the bigger upgrade. Plus it might jump start his brother’s career.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Unless its patty kane or ovie, you take an elite goalie all day starting off. But I picked william as according to the poll its based on what my team needs more. I think we need the offense and im comfortable with JC. Id like gibson but leafs offense has been a bit iffy lately. Also dnt like gibbys contract as much as willys.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
At their peak levels I take Gibson easily but Nylander is going to be a consistent 70+ point winger which are super nice to have as well.

For the Canes an elite goalie would make us a top team in the league though.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Imo this is Nylander, when the Sens can find an NHL level goalie pretty much behind a nim bin it kinda lessens the value of goalies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Oddly if I were the leafs I would want Gibson. I doubt many leafs fans with agree because they are attached to willy.

For the hawks I’d say it’s a toss up but I’d probably go with nylander. I have some faith, maybe misplaced, in lankinen. When I think of who each player would replace I think nylander is the bigger upgrade. Plus it might jump start his brother’s career.

It's a very tough call to make. Nylander looks like he can be a consistent 70 - 80 pt guy, which don't grow on trees. That said, IMO goaltending is Toronto's biggest question mark right now. Freddy can be great but is prone to giving up backbreakers. Campbell may be competent but injury has made it that we can't find out (uncharacteristically tonight both goals he gave up were boneheaded out of net plays).

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

It's a very tough call to make. Nylander looks like he can be a consistent 70 - 80 pt guy, which don't grow on trees. That said, IMO goaltending is Toronto's biggest question mark right now. Freddy can be great but is prone to giving up backbreakers. Campbell may be competent but injury has made it that we can't find out (uncharacteristically tonight both goals he gave up were boneheaded out of net plays).

Reactions: Crow

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This is surpsiing how outdated this value on here is still.

I know it was said on Pucksoup this week it was shocking how many players still ranked Gibson as elite because they are behind typically.

Last year I get it still this way and thought the thread was old after I saw the votes. Sure Gibson could rebound, but he's not bad cause Anaheim is bad. They were 3-4 years ago and carries by him, now he's been bad 2 years.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
for the Canucks I will take Nylander. He's actually looked good this year. I know gibson is great too, but I am quite happy with Demko. Nylander can come in and play with Horvat, or he can play with Pettersson and we can either move up Miller or Boeser with Brock.

BlackTipReefer

Mar 25, 2021
Since the OP asked about my team specifically and not necessarily "value", I'd take Nylander for the Pens.

I'm fine with Jarry/DeSmith, so even though Gibson's an upgrade, it's not really a position of dire need. Adding Nylander, however, would suddenly push a guy like Kapanen down to the third line, giving the Pens a really, really deep top 9.

I thought this too (Kapanen) but honestly, he really struggled on the 3rd line. He really only produced well with talented play drivers. It was a shame because his game otherwise feels tailor-made for a 3rd line role - speed, stickwork, transition IQ, etc.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Nylander is pacing for 60 points over 82 games while playing with John tavares.

I'll take Gibson.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
goalies are the least valuable position because of how much risk there is. You might think you have an elite goalie, and then all of a sudden they put up a .904 sv% and .894 sv% in back to back seasons
Idk man, most teams win in the playoffs because their goalie is hot.

Web In Front

Feb 1, 2020
I wouldn't take any goalie over a position player as good as Nylander. Goalies are just way too unpredictable from one year to the next.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't take any goalie over a position player as good as Nylander. Goalies are just way too unpredictable from one year to the next.
Didn’t nylander toss up a random unpredictable 29 point season ? Idk I also have a hard time trusting nylander to lead a team sure he’s great but he’s also like the leafs 5th most dangerous weapon, depending what rielly shows up to the game

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I Said William (Super bias) because I think a line of either Nylander- Matthews- Marner or Nylander-Tavares-Nylander would be fun. Plus i think Nylander is the perfect winger to compliment William. And dont get me started on running a second PP of Nylander on one side of the umbrella and Nylander on the other. Or think of overtime when you run Marner Matthews and then William and Nylander followed by Tavares and hyman.
NYLANDER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad