Proposal: John Carlson for Kucherov

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Caps are stacked at D and Tampa is regrouping for the future. Russian forwards are the Caps wheelhouse. Thoughts? adds? etc.

Kucherov is a fantastic player and would be welcomed with open arms by this Caps fan if I'm speaking with my heart, my head however says the Caps can't afford to lose Carlson. I think this is the kinda trade where both sides say no but I think the value is close.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
In a vacuum I think Kucherov carries more value, but Carlson is an important piece for Washington. Don't see them shaking things up that much with the success they're having this season.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
You have to give to get.

I think the advancement of Schmidt and Orlov, in addition to the unlikely steal of +/- leader Orpik, makes Carlson the most attractive trade piece from our D core. Kucherov is just an attractive piece who I think the Lightning could lose for a top 2 defender.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
But say they don't resign alzner, then they down both him and Carlson with an aging orpik. Caps never have a problem scoring, they need defenders

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
This thinking is why there is no more Ciccarelli for Gartner trades. Everyone clutches their player with both hands and doesn't win Cups. Everyone hates on Chicago mortgaging the future for players and then hates on them for winning. Fact is Caps are there and they will move for players.

If you are Tampa and want to load up for a healthy Stamkos, then adding Carlson might make sense.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why does Tampa consider this? In 2 years Carlson is a UFA while Kucherov is an RFA.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
LOL that would instantly make Washington a worse team.

In a vaccum, maybe? Washington does not need to ship out their #1D (on the best team in the NHL), for a #1W, Washington has 3.

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
So Washington takes away from the point of weakness and adds more to the biggest strength they have ( scoring wingers ).....Kuch is a heck of a player but this trade makes zero sense for the capitals... maybe if Tampa was selling and looking for futures...

Such as

To Tampa
Bowey
Vrana / Samsonov

To Washington

Kucherov

That is a Chicago type deal to put them over the edge.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wouldn't this be back to the bad old days for WAS. All offense, no D? Sounds like a bad trade for both teams. The Caps future is now. To win you need D

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
In a vacuum I think Kucherov carries more value, but Carlson is an important piece for Washington. Don't see them shaking things up that much with the success they're having this season.

I'd honestly say the same thing but change the team names... and minus the success part. :naughty:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
So Washington takes away from the point of weakness and adds more to the biggest strength they have ( scoring wingers ).....Kuch is a heck of a player but this trade makes zero sense for the capitals... maybe if Tampa was selling and looking for futures...

Such as

To Tampa
Bowey
Vrana / Samsonov

To Washington

Kucherov

That is a Chicago type deal to put them over the edge.

that offer gets you maybe JVR? if that.. it does not get you a 23 year old star that has 79 goals the last 2 and half seasons and is a PPG player this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad