Player Discussion John Beecher

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
this guy needs more ice time. Does monty not like him? If you ask me, his speed and ability to win faceoffs should have him getting way more icetime.
I know it wont happen, but maybe tonight Id like to see him get a shot at centeing pasta and debrusk. or put him with some talent on the wings at least.
I like him as well

But of course instead of more Bs ice he got sent to Providence this morning ....hard to figure this out unless Monty has a space in the chateau bow wow with Beecher's name engraved in stone

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I like him as well

But of course instead of more Bs ice he got sent to Providence this morning ....hard to figure this out unless Monty has a space in the chateau bow wow with Beecher's name engraved in stone
Feels more like calling Megna up as an "atta boy" promotion and using Beecher as waiver eligible to send down to make it happen for the finale.

I don't think Beecher has done anything since he was recalled to warrant being sent back down.

He'll be back up for playoffs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Feels more like calling Megna up as an "atta boy" promotion and using Beecher as waiver eligible to send down to make it happen for the finale.

I don't think Beecher has done anything since he was recalled to warrant being sent back down.

Yep.
It gives Megna a chance to earn about 10x his usual for a game on the roster. Good gesture.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

I think it's more of "what have you done for me lately" type of things.

0 points and a -1 since the goal he scored against Washington on March 30th.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I’d keep him in the lineup, but he hasn’t really done much lately either. When healthy they have guys like boqvist and brazeau that are outplaying him and with the injection of maroon in the lineup, Beecher may be the odd man out when the team is healthy.

While I agree he hasn’t done anything to warrant being sent down. He hasn’t gone out and given them a reason to play him over other guys who are producing.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I’d keep him in the lineup, but he hasn’t really done much lately either. When healthy they have guys like boqvist and brazeau that are outplaying him and with the injection of maroon in the lineup, Beecher may be the odd man out when the team is healthy.

While I agree he hasn’t done anything to warrant being sent down. He hasn’t gone out and given them a reason to play him over other guys who are producing.
Monty said the decisions are all based upon play. You play well and perform, you have a spot in the lineup.

I'm paraphrasing but he said something like that.

Reactions: UncleRico

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

WASHINGTON — Johnny Beecher gave himself an hour or two to be ticked off. Then he went back to work.
It was the middle of January when the Bruins sent him to Providence to polish some areas of his game that had slipped a bit. After making the varsity following a strong camp, it wasn’t the call he expected but sometimes the rookie wall can hit hard.
Beecher decided it was better to move forward than to look back.

“It was kind of just one of those things where you just realize it’s not personal and move on from it. It’s part of the business at the end of the day and you’ve just got to kind of use it as fuel, if anything, to kind of motivate you a little bit more,” Beecher said following Monday’s morning skate at Capital One Arena ahead of the Bruins’ 2-0 loss to the Capitals. “And I am super close with the guys down there, so it really wasn’t the end of the world. Go down and play hockey with some of your best buddies still. So, I mean the situation can be much worse at the end of the day.”

“I was able to go down there and build up some more confidence, play a little bit bigger of a role, get in a little bit better shape, just by playing more minutes,” said Beecher. “And I got a ton of good buddies and really close with the coaching staff down there. So, a lot of positives came out from it. I worked real hard and I was able to get the call back up and I’ve been chipping away right now, just still trying to learn and get better. There’s so many highs and lows throughout an 82-game season, especially as a rookie, and just kind of taking them as they come and go right now and trying to get as prepared as I can for the playoffs.”

Beecher has played with a heavier presence in his second stint with the big club, and that is something that should pay dividends when in the playoffs.

“This is a big reason why I’m here; to play this style of hockey, play north-south, play physical. I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “The guys have given me some advice. You can even see it in the last 5-10 games, just how much the league has changed, and people are fighting for their lives now. I’m excited for Game 1. I’m sure there’ll be a lot of jitters, but it’s always a good thing. So, I’m excited.”

Playing with Maroon also has Beecher pumped, as he is anxious to learn from a veteran who has been through the postseason wars.

“He’s an unbelievable guy. He’s everything you wished he would be and more,” said Beecher. “He’s fit in great with the guys and I’m excited to play with him. He’s an unbelievable player and hopefully we mesh pretty well out there.”
I have been wrong many times before but really like this kid and might not happen this playoff or even next season, but I think this kid might grow into solid NHL player......

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I get making roster moves all season too do the "cap dance " but to me this is bullshit let the kid play and come playoffs he will get a taste of what it takes to play in the playoffs, sorry I am totally disgusted and disappointed by this move, it is not exactly like you are brining up another young prospect to get his feet wet.....

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Monty said the decisions are all based upon play. You play well and perform, you have a spot in the lineup.

I'm paraphrasing but he said something like that.
If it’s between Beecher and Lauko I’ll take Beecher. But if this team is healthy I don’t think he’s been better than boqvist or brazeau. So then it’s up to Monty if he wants maroon or Beecher.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If it’s between Beecher and Lauko I’ll take Beecher. But if this team is healthy I don’t think he’s been better than boqvist or brazeau. So then it’s up to Monty if he wants maroon or Beecher.
We can all debate who should be in or out with that group of player , I am sure there are strong opinions pro or con for each player, but to bring up a 34 year old that has not been up all season, sorry that just smells to me.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
We can all debate who should be in or out with that group of player , I am sure there are strong opinions pro or con for each player, but to bring up a 34 year old that has not been up all season, sorry that just smells to me.
It's one game...

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say they are giving the vet AHLer a one game for a great season down there by tossing him a few extra bucks as a game check.

Beecher will be back up for the playoffs.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
He needs to play big and mean in the playoffs and use his speed to cause turnovers on the forecheck.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's one game...

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say they are giving the vet AHLer a one game for a great season down there by tossing him a few extra bucks as a game check.

Beecher will be back up for the playoffs.
If they are going to get all sentimental fine, but maybe rest a Marchand or a Coyle, and let Beecher keep working with say Maroon .

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
He needs to play big and mean in the playoffs and use his speed to cause turnovers on the forecheck.
You are absolutely right, but it s seem s that he s not able to do that in a regular basis, way to passif on the forecheck, dont mix a lot physicaly

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I would too but I think Lauko's speed and intensity on the forecheck can come in handy in a series against a defensive structure that's notorious for getting lost in coverage.

Reactions: UncleRico and CDJ

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I would too but I think Lauko's speed and intensity on the forecheck can come in handy in a series against a defensive structure that's notorious for getting lost in coverage.
Lauko has to figure out how to avoid penalties come playoff time- particularly against the leafs it'd be trouble

Last edited:
Reactions: PB37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad