Player Discussion John Beecher

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I can’t believe how good Beecher is. He really doesn’t create a lot of offence but he is one of the best defensive forwards I’ve seen in ages. An upgrade on nosek no doubt. His speed and ability to carry the puck up ice is very noticeable.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he has some kuraly tendencies. both good sized guys that can really fly. both not really offensive guys but can chip in some goals. kuraly made some terrible decisions at the offensive blue line, though. poitras is obviously the biggest surprise, but beecher isn't far behind. great start.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
he has some kuraly tendencies. both good sized guys that can really fly. both not really offensive guys but can chip in some goals. kuraly made some terrible decisions at the offensive blue line, though. poitras is obviously the biggest surprise, but beecher isn't far behind. great start.
Pretty good comparison. I’m not sure how high Beechers ceiling is, but he definitely looks like an excellent role player at the very least. He’s the least of our worrie.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If only he threw big hits, boederline dirty ones, dropped the gloves often and intimidated opponents. That appears to be what this team needs the most.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Honestly, he's leading the race for the 7th Player Award in my book (Shattenkirk right behind as honorable mention). I know Poitras is probably going to get it, but he came in with hype from training camp and has had his ups and downs adjusting to the pro schedule. But Beecher was an afterthought and has been giving you some spectacular 4th line center work, defensive hockey, d zone faceoffs, PK time, and chipping in a few goals. Compared to all expectations on October 1st, Poitras is hitting them but Johnny B is blowing them out of the water.

Reactions: Ratty

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
If only he threw big hits, boederline dirty ones, dropped the gloves often and intimidated opponents. That appears to be what this team needs the most.
That doesn’t seem to be his thing which is fine. Didn’t he have a fight early on opening night? I don’t see him intimidating much. I’m very happy with him. Better than expected.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hard to complain about a kid on the 4th line doing his job. But I think if Beecher is to unlock his scoring potential, he has to work on getting his shot off faster.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He's basically a bigger version of what Studnicka was supposed to be, right?

Studnicka+++

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad