John Bartlett the new Habs english play by play guy on 990

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Meh, that playbyplay guy for the dogs is pretty good, you know.

Habsterix*

I'm disappointed that @dogsplaybyplay didn't get the job...

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
He is very good, would have been great for RDS

I think he's better suited for the radio. You don't need AS much details as to what is happening on TV, you can see it, and I'm not sure he could stop himself from talking... It's on the analyst side that RDS is so weak. Hopefully it's better this year.

I really think McGuire's amazing at what he does now though.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Hoping For Peter Loubardias

I was hoping Peter would get the job, a great play by play guy recently let go by the Calgary Flames.

A real puck head, loves the game, I used to see him hanging around at the Saskatoon Blades games all the time in high school.

Graduate of my old school..GO SOULS! :nod:

Yea, I am a little biased, but loved to hear his game analysis as well...solid guy all around.

Best of luck John B.

neofury*

Best of luck to John B, here's to hoping the Bulldogs guy gets his due too.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I was hoping Peter would get the job, a great play by play guy recently let go by the Calgary Flames.

A real puck head, loves the game, I used to see him hanging around at the Saskatoon Blades games all the time in high school.

Graduate of my old school..GO SOULS! :nod:

Yea, I am a little biased, but loved to hear his game analysis as well...solid guy all around.

Best of luck John B.

hell no, Peter does the junior game son sportsnet, he's so annoying

grrrreg

Soft European
Jun 28, 2007
Nantes
softeuropean.wordpress.com
I'm selfishly happy Derek Wills will stay with the dogs a little longer, as I really love the job he's doing there... I feel a bit sorry for him though. I think his time will definitely come soon though.

neofury*

I'm selfishly happy Derek Wills will stay with the dogs a little longer, as I really love the job he's doing there... I feel a bit sorry for him though. I think his time will definitely come soon though.

I don't feel sorry for him. Maybe he needs the pay day but he's doing something many people would love to be able to do. Of course first you'd have to be good at it :laugh: But it seems like an awesome job.

Habsterix*

I also feel sorry for him. Anyone with some ambition wants to move to the next level and for Derek, I know that he does have those ambitions. It's a bit of a set back for him but he's good at it and it's only a matter of time before he gets the call.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Good stuff! Mostly unless your in the airline industry, you almost never get new Anglos to Montreal. Nice to see the tides might be turning & were getting one from Toronto...For A Change!!!!

Wish him Luck, by his CV, I'm sure he'll do just fine.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Didn't Wills do some sabres games already? RJ cant have many years left, so I think that would be a great spot for him.

I love his work though, so from a selfish point of view, it would have been great to have him on team 990

Here's a small sample of bartlett's work.... at least I'm fairly certain its him, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
To be fair... Team990 which basically gave the Habs Hell after MR(Nuff Said)(Cake Manager) turned over ever stone searching for a GM.... I would like to think they got the best guy, who cares where anyone is from as long as they are the best & I heard they interviewed a ton of guys.

He'll be great & has the history, maybe he'll grab hearts like Jack did? Who knows.

PS... To the Maritimer, who boldly asked if anyone listens to Hockey on Radio anymore... Metro City of 4 Million Plus area... with 1 Million Anglo listeners & Canada's largest call Centre City. Add the Airport Eve shift & drivers.... Many listen on the Radio...It's a MAJOR Deal.

PS I can tell you all the radios at the Airport are on the English station...

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
so who is doing color.

and is it bad that i kinda wished elliot price would get play by play?

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
so who is doing color.

and is it bad that i kinda wished elliot price would get play by play?

I've heard that they may retain services of Sergio Momesso... NDG!

I think he knows how to talk like an Anglo Montreal er.

PS, I like that the Anglo's don't think in the BOX always. Tennessee-Toronto - Montreal - Halifax....Same. Equal in North America!

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Almost forgot! Chris Nilan is Moving to Isle of Greatness...Montreal... next Stop, Expos! never Stop Guys! Were always as great as NYC..Better!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Almost forgot! Chris Nilan is Moving to Isle of Greatness...Montreal... next Stop, Expos! never Stop Guys! Were always as great as NYC..Better!

Chris Nilan has been through some hard hard times.

At least here in Montreal he will get a lot of love and respect as he walks around the city.

It will do him some good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad