Recalled/Assigned: Johan Larsson (Recalled)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I have no idea what this means

I don't see that as an issue. He has been solid in his role in the NHL. It's unimpressive because he isn't producing. He's one of those players that will produce with a better supporting cast around him.

Meh. He hasnt been bad...but I think solid is a stretch.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
The way I see it is he has played more then 3 games as a sabre and has 2 seasons in the AHL under his belt. He does have the ability to play on the 3rd line. If he doesn't put it together soon other prospects will pass him on the depth chart and he will be on the outside looking in. With guys like Fasching, Compter, Lemieux, Kea ect... coming along Larsson needs to step up or he wont be the first call up anymore. He is 22 years old. time is ticking.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The way I see it is he has played more then 3 games as a sabre and has 2 seasons in the AHL under his belt. He does have the ability to play on the 3rd line. If he doesn't put it together soon other prospects will pass him on the depth chart and he will be on the outside looking in. With guys like Fasching, Compter, Lemieux, Kea ect... coming along Larsson needs to step up or he wont be the first call up anymore.

Fasching should pass him since his upside is much higher. The others its hard to tell at this point

ZeroPT*

Meh. He hasnt been bad...but I think solid is a stretch.

I don't agree. Relative to expectation/ice time/linemates/etc.. He has been alright. Not bad, decent. Not a liability.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Extremely underwhelming in about 30 NHL Games so far. Last night's first goal was 100% on him not getting a puck deep with a half-assed effort so the RD and RW couldn't change.

I wish they would have gotten Zucker or Fontaine instead.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Extremely underwhelming in about 30 NHL Games so far. Last night's first goal was 100% on him not getting a puck deep with a half-assed effort so the RD and RW couldn't change.

I wish they would have gotten Zucker or Fontaine instead.

Offensively I agree but defensively and possession wise he was very good last year. One of the best. He had the best by a decent margin goals against per 60mins played on the team among forwards (filtered for at least 20gms played). Not so much this year in his handful of games.

Last edited:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I've always imagined him as 4th Line C/LW, with the hope that the roster should be good enough eventually to leave him no other spot to fill. Foligno-Larsson-Flynn/??? seems decent to me. I'm not concerned yet.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
After this year this team will be balls deep in prospects...tough to see Larsson as a sabre in 2 or 3 years. I was hoping he would be a Hecht clone but not enough talent.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
After this year this team will be balls deep in prospects...tough to see Larsson as a sabre in 2 or 3 years. I was hoping he would be a Hecht clone but not enough talent.

I'm not sure he can be Hecht clone offensively either. But he's hardly been playing with Briere clones at center or Dumont/Pommer clones on the RW.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Will Larsson get a shot this year, or is he trade bait at this point?

I mean, how much do you really have to lose, by playing him.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Will Larsson get a shot this year, or is he trade bait at this point?

I mean, how much do you really have to lose, by playing him.

You do know, he played a few games already with the Sabres. Right?

And he looked good. No need to keep him up full time this year. Let him marinate in Rochester and call him up when injuries call for it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He really makes a difference in Rochester. Just hope that those numbers translate to the NHL.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
You do know, he played a few games already with the Sabres. Right?

And he looked good. No need to keep him up full time this year. Let him marinate in Rochester and call him up when injuries call for it.

How long do you "marinate" for? He is going to get chewy soon. This is his 3rd season of "marinating". sooner or later he has to come out of the "marinate". If he continues to "marinate" he will be working on AHL season 4 next year and look how Adam is doing with his "marinate".

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
How long do you "marinate" for? He is going to get chewy soon. This is his 3rd season of "marinating". sooner or later he has to come out of the "marinate". If he continues to "marinate" he will be working on AHL season 4 next year and look how Adam is doing with his "marinate".
Adam is not marinating. He's stuck in limbo. Not good enough for the NHL but just good enough in the AHL to help Rochester win a Calder.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Adam is not marinating. He's stuck in limbo. Not good enough for the NHL but just good enough in the AHL to help Rochester win a Calder.

Couldn't agree more. If there's enough injuries at one time, he might get another shot at the Big Club. Otherwise, I don't think he looked good at all in Buffalo this year. Aside from lack of production, he was lazy, not physical, and virtually invisible aside from give always and glaring bad plays. I think his time has passed with the Sabres.

Lassa

Apr 16, 2013
Well he's been recalled again. Didn't know the guys have to drive themselves there!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
They can, since the farm club city and the big club city are about an hour apart by car.

I wanna know why Pegula didn't chopper Larsson in and have him rappel into the parking lot. Seriously though, he barely made it to the game and didn't get to participate in warm-ups. Where's the chopper??

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I wanna know why Pegula didn't chopper Larsson in and have him rappel into the parking lot. Seriously though, he barely made it to the game and didn't get to participate in warm-ups. Where's the chopper??

Schaller had to drive 6 hours to Montreal when he was called up the first time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad