Recalled/Assigned: Johan Larsson (Recalled)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Finally!

Larsson should help at least somewhat with what is the team's major problem: possession.

Now all we need to is add Pysyk and this team will look competitive at least some of the time.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Awesome!!! :handclap:

Why is everyone so thrilled? Larsson didn't show anything special in training camp as I recall. I was much more impressed with other forward prospects.

But I haven't been following Rochester - has Larsson been tearing it up to start the season?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Why is everyone so thrilled? Larsson didn't show anything special in training camp as I recall. I was much more impressed with other forward prospects.

But I haven't been following Rochester - has Larsson been tearing it up to start the season?

He bounced back from his concussion and has played a good two way game with 3g 5a 8pts in 9gms. Hard working possession player with some offensive touch. EDIT: and he has been doing it as a winger so a good fit to replace Foligno.

And of course he isn't one of the current roster players :laugh:

ZeroPT*

I really liked his game in the Amerks game I've watched. He's been really solid.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I really don't understand why Larsson isn't on the roster. He'd be valuable even on the 4th line

He's had plenty of AHL experience so spending more time really doesn't accelerate his development at all.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I really don't understand why Larsson isn't on the roster. He'd be valuable even on the 4th line

He's had plenty of AHL experience so spending more time really doesn't accelerate his development at all.

His concussion is the main reason.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
@kevinoDandC

The #Sabres have returned LW Johan Larsson to the #Amerks.

I think it's unfair to say he was bad because of the circumstances, but it was an unimpressive recall.

He has a below average skill set in the NHL, and isn't a great skater. He also got pushed off the puck quite a bit, my excitement for him as anything more than a 4th line player with an outside shot at a 3rd line tweener is basically gone.

This is his fifth year of pro hockey, it's tough to hell if there is much development left for him in the AHL.

ZeroPT*

more and more that trade is looking like Pomminville for Zads.

Why? Larsson is solid. In the end we got a legitimate bluechip prospect and a solid prospect in Larsson that can perhaps slide into our top 9 in the future or be used as trade bait.

Making any sorts of judgement based on three games with little to no ice time is very premature

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Why? Larsson is solid. In the end we got a legitimate bluechip prospect and a solid prospect in Larsson that can perhaps slide into our top 9 in the future or be used as trade bait.

Making any sorts of judgement based on three games with little to no ice time is very premature

That is your opinion but when I think of the future it does not include Larsson. Perhaps he is an NHL regular but I think we have more talented prospects that push him off the team...As for making judgements on 3 games, why is that when you started watching him?

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Issue is he's looked the same since he's been here on the NHL side of things.

Good thing is he has the ability to be a contributor on the 4th line.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think it's unfair to say he was bad because of the circumstances, but it was an unimpressive recall.

He has a below average skill set in the NHL, and isn't a great skater. He also got pushed off the puck quite a bit, my excitement for him as anything more than a 4th line player with an outside shot at a 3rd line tweener is basically gone.

This is his fifth year of pro hockey, it's tough to hell if there is much development left for him in the AHL.

To be fair, he is the type of player that is a complimentary/supporting piece on a real good team. The player I see as a decent comparable is Kruger in Chicago. A strong 4th line center with real strong defensive game who is only asked to bring that.

ZeroPT*

That is your opinion but when I think of the future it does not include Larsson. Perhaps he is an NHL regular but I think we have more talented prospects that push him off the team...As for making judgements on 3 games, why is that why you started watching him?
I have no idea what this means
Issue is he's looked the same since he's been here on the NHL side of things.

Good thing is he has the ability to be a contributor on the 4th line.

I don't see that as an issue. He has been solid in his role in the NHL. It's unimpressive because he isn't producing. He's one of those players that will produce with a better supporting cast around him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
How did we end up utilizing the 2nd round pick from the Pomminville trade?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

People have seen him alot more then 3 games, he has basically been the same for the last 3 years. He looks to project as a 4th line player who might fill in on the third line, which is fine. But I have a pretty difficult time projecting him as a 3rd line center on a good team moving forward, I can't see that happening.

I think his career path is pretty similar to Anton Lander in EDM, actually almost identical. Both are terrific AHL players who may make it as depth guys in the NHL.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I have no idea what this means

I don't see that as an issue. He has been solid in his role in the NHL. It's unimpressive because he isn't producing. He's one of those players that will produce with a better supporting cast around him.

I meant when you started watching him....guess it was hard to figure out. You say you have only watched him for 3 games.

ZeroPT*

To be fair, he is the type of player that is a complimentary/supporting piece on a real good team. The player I see as a decent comparable is Kruger in Chicago. A strong 4th line center with real strong defensive game who is only asked to bring that.

Yep. I agree with this. I think why people are disappointed is because they are expecting too much of him. He could fit in the top 9 as I said but I think he'd also fit very well as a 4th liner.

ZeroPT*

I meant when you started watching him....guess it was hard to figure out. You say you have only watched him for 3 games.

? Reading comprehension.

I never said that. I said making judgments off of 3 games is premature. I've watched him in the AHL, in the NHL, in the WJC when he was here.

ZeroPT*

He looks to project as a 4th line player who might fill in on the third line, which is fine. But I have a pretty difficult time projecting him as a 3rd line center on a good team moving forward, I can't see that happening.

Which is exactly what I'm saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4