Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul (Grade 2 Groin Strain)

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
And you know when Lupul comes back he will score a hat-trick against the Sens.

Hate that guy, he's great.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So Carlyle throwing Lupul under the bus. Heard him on the radio today, Stating Lupul looks great skating but it's up to him when he thinks he's ready to come back. LoL

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So Carlyle throwing Lupul under the bus. Heard him on the radio today, Stating Lupul looks great skating but it's up to him when he thinks he's ready to come back. LoL

We hope. Carlyle is being a **** and calling him out essentially so he's forced to return too early and get injured again.

That's not calling out Lupul. It's standard protocol (and common sense) that when recovering from an injury, you have to take into account how the player is feeling throughout the process. Do you think that Bolland is going to jump back into the line up once his foot is healed and can fit into skates? Probably not. He's going to ease into practices until he feels he's healthy and ready to return. It's no different with Lupul or any other injured player.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Lupul is always injured. No doubt he takes it too far IMO. Kessel plays through wrist injuries and such. I doubt Lupul would ever do that.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
That's not calling out Lupul. It's standard protocol (and common sense) that when recovering from an injury, you have to take into account how the player is feeling throughout the process. Do you think that Bolland is going to jump back into the line up once his foot is healed and can fit into skates? Probably not. He's going to ease into practices until he feels he's healthy and ready to return. It's no different with Lupul or any other injured player.

If you heard the clip, it certainly sounds like the coach was sour. Your analogy is wrong if Bolland was skating as well as ever and looked great to Carlyle but Bolland still didn't play, that would be a proper comparison, not simply putting a skate on.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Carlyle should be fired but if he said that Lupul looks great and it's up to Lupul when he comes back, then I applaud that. If he would make more people accountable instead of just certain ones, he could probably change the culture on the team. There is nothing wrong with Carlyle "calling Lupul out".

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it's not about looking great - it's about feeling great. I'd rather Lupul take that one extra day, FEEL 100 percent and go, than not feeling so hot, and something gets aggravated again.

the only bright spot is - his two injuries pretty much took him out of team canada conversations (even if he had an outside chance, it's gone now). which is good. because Lupul would have found a way to injure himself in Sochi.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm starting to get fed up with Lupul and all his injuries. Am I wrong to be this way?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
if lupul takes another week off but can play the rest of the season uninjured, i'd prefer that to having him in the boston game. a grade 2 strain can come back quick if not rehabbed properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00