Injury Report: Joffery Lupul (Tweaked Right Leg) - Mod Warning Post #77

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
You people are just hilarious. So I guess you've never had a muscle injury???? Things like this happen all the time. Just look at baseball pitchers who can't pitch with hang nails or blisters

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This thread is about the injury to Lupul - not on whatever interpretation of durability means nor does is it about Kessel's injury history .. Enough of this senseless banter, any further off-topic posting will result in thread bans and infractions

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Guy has been putting it out there this season. It's not like he was walking a zip line in the off season or anything. Give the guy a break. He's been very good this season.

officialmark*

Because the indicator of a smart individual is someone who purposely places themself in a position to get hit?

Personally I would rather my star player avoid contact and finish top 5 in league scoring every year, but that's just me i guess :laugh:

Nice attempt at back-tracking by the way. Pathetic.

Top 5 in scoring is useless if you finish as a minus. Ask Ovechkin.

If Lupul plays the way he has been I'd be perfectly fine with him playing 4/5 and being cautious when he feels the need to take a game off. He's our only skilled player that plays a 200 foot game, and goes to the dirty areas.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Lupul has been a beast so far. His line has been the best.

Hope he is back soon. Like, tomorrow soon.

This.

Lupul makes this team better. We are not better off without him.

Huge, timely goals, hard worker, money in the shoot-out.

Too bad he's only human and isn't invincible. Seems like that's what it takes for some Leafs fans.

Hope he's back soon. He is key to any success we have this year.

BB

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Will be a huge loss if he can't go this weekend. The second line has been our best and most consistent line so far this year.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

If Lupul plays the way he has been I'd be perfectly fine with him playing 4/5 and being cautious when he feels the need to take a game off. He's our only skilled player that plays a 200 foot game, and goes to the dirty areas.

Lupul works hard along the boards, is willing to throw the body once in a while, and is a good offensive player.... but he is NOT a 200ft player.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

Lupul's probably our worst forward defensively. I'd even go as far to say Phil is better defensively.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
PK-JVR-Lupes are different types of bad defensively

PK - knows what to do but refuses to engage physically on the boards and sporadically makes an effort to come back when the puck turns over in the o zone , also blows the d zone early looking for offensive chances

JVR - is always caught down low below the puck in the offensive zone which makes it impossible to come back and be in position to help , defensive zone awareness is lacking as well as his board work in the d zone

Lupes - seemed to play last season trying not to get hurt and put little effort into the defensive part of the game , understands the defensive side of the game and his effort has been much better this year but i don't think his body will allow him to continue to play this way

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I am a Lupul fan but he has been defensively aweful for 2 years possibly due to being injured every season here. He is another Darcy Tucker that way - we can expect half a season from Lupul. The silver lining here is that Kozun gets another chance to show his stuff.

Oct 19, 2007
This thread is about the injury to Lupul - not on whatever interpretation of durability means nor does is it about Kessel's injury history .. Enough of this senseless banter, any further off-topic posting will result in thread bans and infractions

It would be very nice if we would have such warnings when every thread went off topic. I like it and would suggest that all threads be treated likewise.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
PK-JVR-Lupes are different types of bad defensively

PK - knows what to do but refuses to engage physically on the boards and sporadically makes an effort to come back when the puck turns over in the o zone , also blows the d zone early looking for offensive chances

JVR - is always caught down low below the puck in the offensive zone which makes it impossible to come back and be in position to help , defensive zone awareness is lacking as well as his board work in the d zone

Lupes - seemed to play last season trying not to get hurt and put little effort into the defensive part of the game , understands the defensive side of the game and his effort has been much better this year but i don't think his body will allow him to continue to play this way

I noticed this about JVR as well, especially on Subban's goal in game 1.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Big news. So happy he is alright and also happy to have him on the roster. He has been good so far this season and seemed to have found his game with Kadri.

I wouldn't say they were both off last year, but they seemed less explosive then they were in Kadri's rookie year together.

This year they have arguably been our best line every game so far.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yup. I don't know what was missing from last year but they have been great so far.

I think Lupul went from .7 or .8PPG with Kadri last year with any linemate other then Clarkson, when Clarkson was put on the line with Kadri and Lupul their PPG was around .4PPG

So Clarkson really dragged the line down last season.

Luckily this season Clarkson is doing some great work with Komarov and Santorelli on the boards and forecheck. They are really wearing down the oppositions D and get a couple scoring chances out of it. I think Clarkson will be better once he gets the fish tank off his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad