Injury Report: Joffery Lupul (Tweaked Right Leg) - Mod Warning Post #77

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Forward swap > not playing.

Be cool to see Leivo back up in the mean time.

As if not playing is the only option right now. He won't be a perma-scratch for very long. I'd rather not mess with a player who's looking to find some consistency.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Lupul needs to be traded as soon as he's healthy again. :nod:

He's of no use to us if he's always in the infirmary. :help:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Guessing one of ashton, holland, kozun, frattin take his place

I would love gardiner as a forward with kadri, doubt we see that though.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
And so it begins.....
Whenever he plays well and uses the body a lot, he gets hurt. When he returns, he'll play like he's scared to get hurt again.
They had the chance to trade him..........

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Boy oh boy. And just when it looked like the old Lupul was back.

Kinda ridiculous at this point. Makes you appreciate durable guys like Kessel when you see this.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Guys come on. He tweaked his damn knee, he'll be back soon enough. Every player goes through this. If he gets a long term injury than you can bring on the glass comments.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
There's a difference between being durable and being cautious.

Lupul throws hits, and gets hit making plays. Kessel avoids contact.

Not turning this into a Kessel debate but he's far from durable, he's just cautious.

Kessley Snipes*

There's a difference between being durable and being cautious.

Lupul throws hits, and gets hit making plays. Kessel avoids contact.

Not turning this into a Kessel debate but he's far from durable, he's just cautious.

Because the indicator of a smart individual is someone who purposely places themself in a position to get hit?

Personally I would rather my star player avoid contact and finish top 5 in league scoring every year, but that's just me i guess :laugh:

Nice attempt at back-tracking by the way. Pathetic.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Because the indicator of a smart individual is someone who purposely places themself in a position to get hit?

Personally I would rather my star player avoid contact and finish top 5 in league scoring every year, but that's just me i guess :laugh:

Nice attempt at back-tracking by the way. Pathetic.

It's not back tracking. There's a difference between the way Lupul and Kessel plays. Some one said it makes you glad you have guys like Kessel who are durable. He's not durable, he's cautious. He avoids the contact, while Lupul when he's on his game doesn't care. He does what it takes.. It's the price he pays for the game he plays. And obviously he's had bad luck, but it doesn't mean Kessel is durable because he plays every game..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad