Joffery Lupul denies failing Physical. Says the Leafs "cheat, and everyone lets them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
If you remove buyout payments from the pool then you're disconnecting the 50/50 split of HRR. e.g. using my 2014-15 example that would result in the players getting 51% and owners 49%.

Exactly and this is what I think Longshot is recommending. Hence my argument about cash deals and rich teams having a more substantial competitive advantage.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
this is what it all comes down to.

If he was getting ready to play hockey at any point in time, he would have posted some exercise content on social media, much like Roman Polak coming back from that horrific leg injury.

But Lupul has not posted anything.

Hockey insiders have said on the radio, I heard it myself, that in hockey circles in the offseason in regards to skates, working out, skills camps, etc not one single sole has seen Lupul anywhere getting ready for the season.

SO, its obvious that he would show up to camp and fail his physical.

this **** storm is brought on mostly by the market, cause losers probably message Lupul on the daily about how he is made of glass or that hes just collecting money and living life or something else along those lines and he has had enough.

this is a non issue.

Please show me a picture of every player that has posted some exercise content on their instagram page. Posting you excersing doesn't mean **** all. I don't know why people keep going to Joffrey Lupul's personal life and social media as if it has any baring on his physical condition

Not all players post exercising content on their insta.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Did he fail a drug test? If not this is nothing but sensational speculation. Now you are suggesting Kadri as well? :shakehead

I don't want to slander or suggest anyone is taking illicit substances but this isn't the first time this issue has been raised. You can do your own research if you want to further investigate.

As far as I know any speculation is about past behaviors, not current.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Boo Hoo.

I could drop out of school today and live life stress free if I got 10.5 mil over two years for doing nothing. That's not even including the money he made prior.

How can anyone feel sorry for this guy lol

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I love how everyone is so obsessed with eliminating any sliver of advantage that rich teams might have.

How about wiping out the advantage of low tax states/provinces? Suddenly all these arguments disappear.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The absolute witchhunt on the mainboards was hilarious while it lasted. Hopefully the usual suspects can keep it up even after this

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
prob 5.25 million lol

actually. 3,750,000. :laugh:

I have to say. Lupul is a child. a legitimate, utter child. to me it's not "is MLSE doing this, are the Leafs cheating blah blah blah." but this dumbo can't just walk away with people chirp him online. Like. block comments, don't be "public" as he is. This isn't the first time he got in trouble because of social media and I doubt it will be the last.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Earlier I was on his case for making that statement, however, his retraction of the statement Joffery Lupul denies failing Physical. Says the Leafs "cheat, and everyone lets them"

This retraction is a class act and it's understandable that he wants to play and he may be frustrated that his career could be over

Cheers Joffrey Lupul

Last edited:

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
Boo Hoo.

I could drop out of school today and live life stress free if I got 10.5 mil over two years for doing nothing. That's not even including the money he made prior.

How can anyone feel sorry for this guy lol

Lupul got paid $5.25M last year and is getting paid $3.75M this year. My old fashion simple arithmatic suggests this is $9.0M. If this adds up to 10.5 mil to you Best of Luck to you.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

I have to say. Lupul is a child. a legitimate, utter child. to me it's not "is MLSE doing this, are the Leafs cheating blah blah blah." but this dumbo can't just walk away with people chirp him online. Like. block comments, don't be "public" as he is. This isn't the first time he got in trouble because of social media and I doubt it will be the last.

I agree he really just screwed himself, he could of just lived quietly and not stirred the pot and he would of been ok, it does not make him look like a good person, if he decides he wants to stay in the game. he should of probably deleted his social media if he knew he couldnt handle not posting stupid stuff

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

US $ which is currently $4.6M cdn

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This retraction is a class act and it's understandable that he wants to play and he may be frustrated that his career could be over

Cheers Joffrey Lupul

i guess... but if i was frustrated that my career was over - forget the Leafs for a moment - i wouldn't have my friends and team mates (which they still are) - to have to deal with that crap and drama.

also i think it would have held more weight if he did it live- not via twitter.

I'm dying on the gif game on his statement though. dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad