Joey Moss has passed away

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
People should check out the last 12 min of Thursday's Spittin Chiclets. Whitney had a couple hilarious stories about Joey.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I have some laughs, but this one really got me chuckling
Rocky Thompson, Assistant Coach

My story about Joey took place while I was playing for the Edmonton Roadrunners during the 04/05 NHL lockout. Midway through our season Joey wanted to defend his Locker Room Wrestling Championship. Joey would have an annual title defense, but with no NHL the responsibility fell to the Roadrunner team. An opponent, Jamie Wright, was selected amongst the players and the match was to take place in the middle of the dressing. Joey’s entrance was epic.
As the music played the Champ was introduced. Joey had a history of dirty tactics inside the squared circle, but Jamie had no clue what he was getting into. As the opening bell rang he was blinded by a white substance Joey threw, we later found out it was baby powder. Joey immediately attacked the ears of his opponent and took him to the floor nearly getting an early fall. Blinded and his ears being yanked violently Jamie barely kicked out at a two-count.
Joey jumped up and played to the crowd of players who were chanting his name. Jamie crawled back to the corner and was immediately tended to by his manager. Realizing he was actually in danger he secured his ears with two full wraps of hockey tape and readied himself for what awaited him. After locking up, Joey instantly fell to his knees and attacked the groin of his challenger. The ref was distracted and didn’t see the foul. Jamie crashed to the floor as Joey jumped on top and secured the leg for the pin 1-2-3. ANNNND STILL Undefeated World Locker Room Wrestling Champion JOEY MOSS!!!! Joey was carried out of the room that day a Champion.
We were truly blessed to spend those days with Joey. His passion and dedication were unmatched. He will be missed by all.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

My story about Joey took place while I was playing for the Edmonton Roadrunners during the 04/05 NHL lockout. Midway through our season Joey wanted to defend his Locker Room Wrestling Championship. Joey would have an annual title defense, but with no NHL the responsibility fell to the Roadrunner team. An opponent, Jamie Wright, was selected amongst the players and the match was to take place in the middle of the dressing. Joey’s entrance was epic.
As the music played the Champ was introduced. Joey had a history of dirty tactics inside the squared circle, but Jamie had no clue what he was getting into. As the opening bell rang he was blinded by a white substance Joey threw, we later found out it was baby powder. Joey immediately attacked the ears of his opponent and took him to the floor nearly getting an early fall. Blinded and his ears being yanked violently Jamie barely kicked out at a two-count.
Joey jumped up and played to the crowd of players who were chanting his name. Jamie crawled back to the corner and was immediately tended to by his manager. Realizing he was actually in danger he secured his ears with two full wraps of hockey tape and readied himself for what awaited him. After locking up, Joey instantly fell to his knees and attacked the groin of his challenger. The ref was distracted and didn’t see the foul. Jamie crashed to the floor as Joey jumped on top and secured the leg for the pin 1-2-3. ANNNND STILL Undefeated World Locker Room Wrestling Champion JOEY MOSS!!!! Joey was carried out of the room that day a Champion.
We were truly blessed to spend those days with Joey. His passion and dedication were unmatched. He will be missed by all.

Made me smile.

Reactions: RattsSSV

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

A lot of great stories in that article. Well worth the read.

Reactions: RattsSSV

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The untold stories are usually the best shared only in memory by those who took part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad