Joey Moss has passed away

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
I've met two of Joey's sisters, his brother Stephen (who passed away in 2019) and a couple nieces/nephews and can say that they are incredible people. Warm, welcoming, funny, caring, genuine... very special people, just like Joey. My heart aches for the entire Moss family

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Delete if this is considered political, but my MP gave what I thought was a great tribute to Joey in the House of Commons yesterday. What a great man and a great life, may he Rest In Peace.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Do we think they honor him the night of the first game this coming season?

Seems like the right way to do it.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Sam Gagner in the running as the nicest Oilers player ever. I loved his attitude, his joy in life, his approach to things, always facing the world with a smile. Love people like that.

In the case of both Joey and Sam they were both like this. The world could use more of this kind of joy.

But thats why I featured the whole Moss family earlier. Here we had a family that saw it as their purpose in life to make others happy, to make others laugh, have enjoyment, and they all raised Joey Moss, a bundle of packaged joy.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
This has me in tears
What a legend he was

BOTH

When I follow pro sports, and cheer for teams I want the people on those teams to have the erstwhile kindness, grace, humility, class of people like Sam Gagner. Which always made it easy being in his corner all the time.

One of the most likeable pro athletes to play here. he got a lot of scorn here on this board, and never should have.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
You kind of get an idea of how special of a guy Joey was when 4th line European fringe NHL'ers like Lenny Petrell, who only had a cup of coffee in the league, are making comments like that in paying tribute to Joey. He truly touched all the players in that room.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
BOTH

When I follow pro sports, and cheer for teams I want the people on those teams to have the erstwhile kindness, grace, humility, class of people like Sam Gagner. Which always made it easy being in his corner all the time.

One of the most likeable pro athletes to play here. he got a lot of scorn here on this board, and never should have.
I still think we would of won that playin series if we still have Gagner.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
BOTH

He got scorn for his play on the ice, not who he is as a person.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Hi folks, living half a world away I just read the sad news. Sorry to hear about Joey's passing. Even though I'm a Leafs fan, I've known about Joey for years, the wonderful relationship that existed between him and the players, and your entire community. You were lucky to share a heartwarming experience that made things better for all involved. RIP Joey.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
As a 50 year old I grew up with the Oilers. I had no idea how special the 80s team was. It was magical. I remember well the commercial where Gretzky and Joey extolled the virtues of inclusion - something we take for granted now. I have a hard time remembering what I need to follow up on from work today. But I remember May 19, 1984 vividly. I watched Gretzky’s remembrance yesterday and man did I wish I could be 14 again now that I know how brief it all would be.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sam Gagner in the running as the nicest Oilers player ever. I loved his attitude, his joy in life, his approach to things, always facing the world with a smile. Love people like that.

In the case of both Joey and Sam they were both like this. The world could use more of this kind of joy.

But thats why I featured the whole Moss family earlier. Here we had a family that saw it as their purpose in life to make others happy, to make others laugh, have enjoyment, and they all raised Joey Moss, a bundle of packaged joy.

Pure class by Gagner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->