Confirmed with Link: Joe Vrbetic Signed to 1-Year AHL Deal

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Might as well see what they got with him. There are 3 other goalies ahead of him on the depth chart. This could be his way to make some noise.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
He's big, and the puck hits him. But his mobility is terrible. Really slow getting across & often doesn't get his pad down in time so lots of pucks go under him.

He's really awkward & pretty stiff in his movements.

North Bay played a really strong defensive system. There were times Vrbetic would get a shutout off 15 shots. The numbers aren't impressive for me.

You watch him in game action, and you realize he has issues. Question is if we can help him work that out.
My take is that this is the make or break test. Either he gets to work with pro coaches and makes a leap or he wont get an nhl contract.

Good way to go. At least they try hard on him and decide after.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Was curious if we have the flexibility to choose between ECHL/AHL/OHL - nice if we have options and choose whichever path provides best potential development for Vrbetic
The Habs don't really control if the player will have a spot as an overager in the OHL, as the teams are not owned by NHL franchises. Presumably a spot would exist somewhere in the league, even if not North Bay.

At any rate, the Habs apparently think ECHL is a better test than Junior, especially since they have control of player development in TR.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My take is that this is the make or break test. Either he gets to work with pro coaches and makes a leap or he wont get an nhl contract.

Good way to go. At least they try hard on him and decide after.
Might they do the same for Stapley?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad