Recalled/Assigned: Joe Veleno recalled by the Wings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is probably a move to get him to GR.
Depends on who gets traded at the deadline and if Bert/Fabbri come back.

Given Veleno's slow adjustment to every promotion, it makes sense to ease him in. I'd rather give Veleno some ice time instead of Svech who isn't in the long term plans.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This is probably a move to get him to GR.

I’d guess it’s a move to bring him to Detroit based on the wording. If he was going to be assigned to Grand Rapids, I’d think they would have alluded to that.

This is the appropriate time to bring him to Detroit as well. Late in the season, deadline will have been passed, veterans for the purpose of expansion draft will have enough games under their belt.

Had the season gone off without a hitch and he started in Grand Rapids, this is the normal time I’d expect him to get a taste. The fact that he got pretty much the full season in Sweden, I think it’s probably also the right time. Get a taste, understand what you need to work on most, go into the off-season fired up and ready to work.

Reactions: golffuul

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
JV has historically taken much longer then the average player to adjust to higher levels of play, but once he has adjusted hes always excelled. JV is the kind of guy im willing to be a little more paitent with as he puts it all together, but I still expect to see flashes of awesomeness throughout the process.

Reactions: Reddwit and Realgud

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
JV has historically taken much longer then the average player to adjust to higher levels of play, but once he has adjusted hes always excelled. JV is the kind of guy im willing to be a little more paitent with as he puts it all together, but I still expect to see flashes of awesomeness throughout the process.
His time at the WJC, two years ago, when he was centering the top line is where I got my excitement level up for him. It showed that he could play effectively with top-end talent. Was just a matter of, like you said, how fast it would take him to adjust to a new level of play. I'm hoping that between his starts, this year and next year, that he will get enough time to find his comfort zone.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad