Joe Thornton Tracking

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Jonas Siegal (Athletic) wrote an article about Jumbo's progress with Davos HC in the Swiss A league. Sadly you have to pay to read the article. I just thought that we could do our own tracking. I have some basic stats, but maybe some of you can provide other pieces of information.

According to hockey db:

6 GP 2 Goals 5 Assists 7 Points 2 PIM

I don't know how that translates in terms of the quality of the other players in the Swiss league.

Go Leafs Go

Reactions: qqaz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hopefully the NHL and NHLPA don’t rob us of seeing him over arguments over deferred payments after they already came to an agreement previously.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Production is nice, don't get me wrong, but that's not what he was signed for. He needs to provide some physicality, leadership, be an annoyance to play against. I think he can be sort of an agitator on the ice.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Production is nice, don't get me wrong, but that's not what he was signed for. He needs to provide some physicality, leadership, be an annoyance to play against. I think he can be sort of an agitator on the ice.

He’s not a physical player. He will bring a strong voice to the room.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

A former MVP and 1509 career NHL points and we want him to be a mucker/grinder? Are you kidding me? Is he going to become an agitator now?

::bleeding from constant head scratching::

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty10

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hopefully the NHL and NHLPA don’t rob us of seeing him over arguments over deferred payments after they already came to an agreement previously.
Yeah thats a messy little sideshow going on behind the scenes. The players could scuttle the return on a shortened schedule. Labour war in the background goung on for sure

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
1E5E524E-05B1-46FD-897B-F44276A4FFC9.jpeg

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A former MVP and 1509 career NHL points and we want him to be a mucker/grinder? Are you kidding me? Is going to become an agitator now?

::bleeding from constant head scratching::

Umm… he is 41 years old. He is a 4th line C for us. I have seen him to “trolli-ish” things last couple of seasons, or am I wrong?
I don’t understand what we acquired him for then?
So I am scratching my head back at you.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Umm… he is 41 years old. He is a 4th line C for us. I have seen him to “trolli-ish” things last couple of seasons, or am I wrong?

Playmaker, winning draws, points, assists, the power play, veteran leadership, etc. He was a 3rd line C last year.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Because he has a strong voice and not afraid to call someone out.
How many 41 year olds play like you want.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Is his team winning? More importantly, is his team playing better having him on the team?
To me, those are two things I am looking at Jumbo.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be thrilled with a season similar to his last with SJ, or with what Spezza was able to accomplish in his first season with the Leafs. There are many moving parts to this. What will his role be? Who will be his primary linemates? How many games will the season consist of? How many will he play in?

Reactions: qqaz

Mar 26, 2010
I am not crazy about him being a Leaf. 10 years too late.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This board would be unbearable if somehow Jumbo gets PP1 time over Marner(since they both are pass first player while Willie, AM and JT are shooters), even if the Leafs are winning and the PP is clicking.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This board would be unbearable if somehow Jumbo gets PP1 time over Marner(since they both are pass first player while Willie, AM and JT are shooters), even if the Leafs are winning and the PP is clicking.

What's more unbearable is injuries. Having to put someone as inexperienced as Robertson in to play on the 3rd line in a play in series was really sad for TOR. The same goes for when Muzzin got injured.

Doesn't anyone want to win or do we just want Nylander to get his 30 goals to justify his contract?

I think in a close game we can expect to see one of these veteran players either to hold a lead or get a goal.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What's more unbearable is injuries. Having to put someone as inexperienced as Robertson in to play on the 3rd line in a play in series was really sad for TOR. The same goes for when Muzzin got injured.

Doesn't anyone want to win or do we just want Nylander to get his 30 goals to justify his contract?

I think in a close game we can expect to see one of these veteran players either to hold a lead or get a goal.
No doubt about it. I think a lot of fans are so caught up with individual stats of the players in order to justify their contracts and just forget that winning the Cup should be the priority above all else.
I could careless if none of the Leafs hit 30 goals and 70pts as long as they win the Cup.

Reactions: ottomaddox

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
They can still be affective for 12 to 14 min per game, they just can't do the big minutes. We pay Mathews and Tavares to do that. He is 4th liner who could play 3rd if needed. For $700k what do you want, Gauthier?

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad