Value of: Joe Thornton to Toronto.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
No matter who it's to, it's probably a 2nd round pick.
No one is giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

At this point, Wilson is trading him to do him a favor of getting one last shot at the Cup, not to really recoup assets. I'd be shocked if he goes for more than like a 5th.

As for the Bruins, it certainly would be a storyline for him to come back and win it, but I just don't know if there's a fit. Certainly isn't playing C on any of the top 3 lines, and is somewhat of a wasted fit as a 4C.

Probably could slot into 3LW with PP2 time and be effective.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Welcome to HFboards where there is a group of posters whos only purpose is to trash talk anything Leafs. Any thread even if not about the Leafs will have those posters taking shots then if any Leafs fan defends themselves they are blamed for "making every thread about the Leafs" when its the insecure people taking shots first who actually derailed it. Best to put these people on ignore as you identify them (you found one here)
well said......good one

Reactions: Dustin

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Unless it's for future considerations I wouldn't be trading for him. I'm not sure there are too many people thinking the Leafs are favourites to win the cup. They might not even make the playoffs. We're not one grizzled veteran away from winning a cup either. Hell If we are going to gamble on anyone older for a cup run I hope to god it's a defenceman. You know an area we actually need help with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad