Value of: Joe Thornton to Toronto.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No matter who it's to, it's probably a 2nd round pick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's what I'm thinking but he controls if he goes and where he goes which could have an impact
He'll probably work with them enough to make sure they get a return. This is assuming he's even willing to leave, which I don't think is a given. But I hope he does.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He'll probably work with them enough to make sure they get a return. This is assuming he's even willing to leave, which I don't think is a given. But I hope he does.

I think he will and I want him here.

I like the look of Matthews, Tavares, Spezza Thornton

Anything that drops Gauthier is good

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I get that you don't want him but there is realistic reason to believe that IF he's willing to leave he wouldn't go to Toronto.
Yes there is, he wants to win the cup. You guys keep trying to spin the "childhood team" stuff but Jumbo does not care. He is 40 and if he moves its to get the very best shot at winning he can

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes there is, he wants to win the cup. You guys keep trying to spin the "childhood team" stuff but Jumbo does not care. He is 40 and if he moves its to get the very best shot at winning he can

I mean I think a team with as much top end talent as Toronto has, has a pretty good shot.

I know the anti Leaf crowd likes to act like the Leafs are about 8 pieces away from a cup.

The truth is a healthy Leaf team is about 2 pieces away.

A #4 center to bump. down Gauthier.

And a top 4 RHD.

that's it, sure I'd like to add more because the more depth the better.

But only about 2 pieces are truly needed.

Thornton can be a piece.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
not for your team as they will be done playing in April.
The NHL is not going to shut down in April. My team, the Leafs, might make the playoffs, and yes, half the teams that make the playoffs are out in the first round, but they will have a chance.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The NHL is not going to shut down in April. My team, the Leafs, might make the playoffs, and yes, half the teams that make the playoffs are out in the first round, but they will have a chance.

sure, I’m just saying he might have a better chance to win a cup going somewhere else.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Whats the point for Toronto? Where does he fit would be an excess tbh wouldn't overpay in the slightest

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Man, why all the potshots at Toronto in this thread? Why does any thread involving the Leafs have to turn into everybody crapping all over them?

Welcome to HFboards where there is a group of posters whos only purpose is to trash talk anything Leafs. Any thread even if not about the Leafs will have those posters taking shots then if any Leafs fan defends themselves they are blamed for "making every thread about the Leafs" when its the insecure people taking shots first who actually derailed it. Best to put these people on ignore as you identify them (you found one here)

Reactions: Dustin and Feliix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad