Confirmed with Link: Joe Thornton to Leafs [1yr/700k]

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Kerfoot is a way better 3c than Thornton

And Kadri was better than Spezza. I dont think Kerfoot is better than Thornton at centre but if he is, doesnt mean the Leafs dont want to reallocate Kerfoot's 3.5M.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dubas needs to be fired.

We are now a Wayne Simmonds injury away from having BY FAR the worst, slowest 3rd line in the league.

Kerfoot and Vesey aren't slow lol? And I sure af hope Simmonds isn't on the 3rd line.

How can people be mad about a guy like Thornton for 700k. It's literally a no-risk contract and he's gonna play his balls off to hopefully get a cup.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
Dubas needs to be fired.

We are now a Wayne Simmonds injury away from having BY FAR the worst, slowest 3rd line in the league.

this post is so confusing for me. are u aware how slow wayne simmonds is?

who do u think is on our 3rd line?

Reactions: Auston 316

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Hes very slow but still a big body that can pass the puck and high hockey IQ. Brings toughness and leadership. Im not so sure that him and Spezza will play together consistently...If anything i think both will play half seasons with a condensed schedule, maybe they draw in together come playoffs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Every single GM in the league would have inked Thornton to this contract....guaranteed. I don't care how old or slow he is; this is a fabulous signing for that cap hit. Now let's start the 10 pages of grasping for reasons why Dubas is an idiot.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Kerfoot and Vesey aren't slow lol? And I sure af hope Simmonds isn't on the 3rd line.

How can people be mad about a guy like Thornton for 700k. It's literally a no-risk contract and he's gonna play his balls off to hopefully get a cup.
Vesey Kerfoot Barbanov
Spezza Thorton Simmonds

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hard pressed to find a positive with this one, other than “intangibles”? Rapidly depreciating asset, don’t get it.

Reactions: Al14

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
And Kadri was better than Spezza. I dont think Kerfoot is better than Thornton at centre but if he is, doesnt mean the Leafs dont want to reallocate Kerfoot's 3.5M.
Except Spezza wasnt brought in to replace Kadri.

Hard to see how the Leafs come out better. Kerfoot has no value right now, so you're not getting anything interesting back. Would depend on what they do with the cap space, but still doubt they'll come out a much better team.

Reactions: Leafling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad