Proposal: Joe Pavelski to ANH

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hey Ducks fans,

I am a Sharks fan coming in peace. I think that Joe Pavelski would be a great addition to your team as the second line center. Would you be willing to give up the 10th overall and your other 1st round pick for Pavelski?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Pavelski is obviously a great player, would easily become our third best forward. I'm always hesitant to send quality assets to a division rival but when it comes to a front-line guy in his prime I think the risk is worth it, provided the price is right.

There are other players around the league I'd rather see us acquire if we're giving up two firsts, but I wouldn't be upset at all if we got Pavelski for that price.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
SJ fans seem to think he's slow, and that he won't age as well as Marleau or Thornton. I'd be hesitant about giving up the 10th.

I think ANA should be looking at someone younger.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i'd do it quite easily.

hes the same age as kesler and we were fine with giving up the 10th for him. pavelski > kesler too

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Hey Ducks fans,

I am a Sharks fan coming in peace. I think that Joe Pavelski would be a great addition to your team as the second line center. Would you be willing to give up the 10th overall and your other 1st round pick for Pavelski?

Yes. I can't see Wilson trading such an important player for just draft picks let along to such a big rival though. I know some big changes need to be made but this player is too good for a straight up salary dump. Plus you guys already have 20th overall. Is three first rounders that important? I like your proactive attitude to shaking up the team. Pavelski should get a much better return than just draft picks. I mean you're team isn't rebuilding, just retooling. Those picks won't pan out for several years if at all.

Personally I'd hang onto to Pavelski and get the most out of Toronto to get Thornton. I feel like they'll overpay to get him for sure. He's the closest Carlyle will get to getting Ryan Getzlaf back. I can easily see at least Kadri and Gardiner going the other way which is a lot better than a couple of draft picks., albeit for a different player.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`d take Kesler above Pavelski (barely) but i`d def take this.

Great on faceoffs and can be used on powerplay as well. This team could really use him

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
SJ fans seem to think he's slow, and that he won't age as well as Marleau or Thornton. I'd be hesitant about giving up the 10th.

I think ANA should be looking at someone younger.

He is 29 and will play really good hockey (60 + points a year) for at least another 3-4 years and you wouldn't give up 2 draft picks that probably won't help the Ducks for 3-4 years ( if at all since there is a better chance of the picks not making vs. making it)?

If San Jose would give him up for our 2 firsts, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think they would ever do that though.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He`s signed for what? 5 more seasons? I`m not sure if 2x1st`s will do it. But then again sometimes i`m struggling at noticing fair trade values...

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Would be very surprised if the Sharks traded away their young star for just draft picks (especially to a division rival) but as an Anaheim fan I would do this deal. The Ducks are playing for the here and now...not for futures.

IF the Sharks would consider a trade like this, I think they would prefer younger NHL ready prospects such as Rakell and Vatanen.

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
He is 29 and will play really good hockey (60 + points a year) for at least another 3-4 years and you wouldn't give up 2 draft picks that probably won't help the Ducks for 3-4 years ( if at all since there is a better chance of the picks not making vs. making it)?

If San Jose would give him up for our 2 firsts, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think they would ever do that though.

If SJ offered Pavelski for two firsts, then yes I would do that trade.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The OP asked if the Ducks would be willing to give up the 2 firsts for him and You said you would be hesitant about giving up the 10th. I guess I'm confused a little on your view now.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I'd dump 10th overall in a second for a top-6 forward or a top-3 d-man. We really shouldn't be very precious with it. Jersey got a starting goalie for 9th overall last year. If teams really desire that pick and are willing to give us a solid player for it we should do it.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Yes.

I'll drive up to SJ and pick him up myself if I need to.

Pavelski's value might be at the highest point it will ever be, so might be wise for SJ to move him this offseason if the rebuild is real.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hey Ducks fans,

yes.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't see SJ doing this but yes. Pavelski is a kind of player I would have on this team any day.

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Pavelski-Palmieri/Etem/UFA

Not bad in my opinion.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
The OP asked if the Ducks would be willing to give up the 2 firsts for him and You said you would be hesitant about giving up the 10th. I guess I'm confused a little on your view now.

Hehe, yeah, I was hesitant at first. Then I realised it would be stupid not to accept that offer. :)

I'm just curious as to who we'd draft at 10th.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Pavelski will be much more expensive than the OP's proposed deal, and there's like 0.01% chance that San Jose moves him. Him, Couture, Vlasic, and Hertl are pretty much untouchable, from what I gather.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad