Confirmed with Link: Joe Morrow to Winnipeg Jets for a 2018 4th Round Pick

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
So if Montoya plays enough games and LA makes the playoffs, that'll be 3 4th round picks and overall 9 in the first 4 rounds!

I won't be surprised to see some of them get packaged to trade up, but if not then we'll have a very deep prospect pool after this draft.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was hoping one or both of Benn and Morrow would be traded. Content with at least one of them. Francois Gagnon did report close the the 3PM deadline that Pens were looking at Benn. Now we know that didn't go through.

The 4th is pretty fair as a return.

The Habs are up to 10 draft picks this year, with the possibility of 9 of them being in the first 4 rounds.

Reactions: Agalloch

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fine with him leaving. Obviously, it would have been better to see Benn go for how bad a hockey player he is...and Schlemko for how stupid that contract is....but hey you can't win it all. I mean...we never win but at least it's better than nothing. We have to adjust to what an idiot can do.....work hard, don't make big mistakes, and win minor deals.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Woohoo, our bottom pair and 4th line have improved by leaps and bounds, if you measure the progress in millimeters. So glad Bergevin spends all his times on all these transactions that keeps swapping 4th liners and bottom pairing dmen.
I'm no Bergevin apologist, but what were you expecting of him? He moved Plekanec for a very good return, dealt a pair of bottom pairing defensemen for late picks and held onto our big guns. Had we managed to pawn off a few more depth guys such as Antti Niemi/David Schlemko/Jordie Benn and not acquired Mike Reilly (which is an acquisition that I can live with), this would've been a perfect deadline. I want us to get a maximized return on our top guns like Pacioretty if we do trade them, and if waiting till the draft will allow that then I'm content. Also, this means that we can allow our new GM we get in the offseason to handle these guys.

Reactions: Locks

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm no Bergevin apologist, but what were you expecting of him? He moved Plekanec for a very good return, dealt a pair of bottom pairing defensemen for late picks and held onto our big guns. Had we managed to pawn off a few more depth guys such as Antti Niemi/David Schlemko/Jordie Benn and not acquired Mike Reilly (which is an acquisition that I can live with), this would've been a perfect deadline. I want us to get a maximized return on our top guns like Pacioretty if we do trade them, and if waiting till the draft will allow that then I'm content. Also, this means that we can allow our new GM we get in the offseason to handle these guys.

I just want him gone. and until he is, I'm going to bitch and moan. I despise him for what he's done to this team. I can't stand the sight of his f****** face.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What is it about Joe Morrow that makes him so bad? I am trying to obtain some realistic information about him, not the typical, he sucks etc.

Decision making in his own zone, handling the puck under pressure, positioning, gap control, handling bigger forwards... basically everything that helps you get the puck from your own zone to your forwards.

Except, he does have a good first pass.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What is it about Joe Morrow that makes him so bad? I am trying to obtain some realistic information about him, not the typical, he sucks etc.
He's the classic great tools, no toolbox guy. His last game as a Hab was him in a nutshell: had some great plays including his rifle goal, while also having some disconnected controller moments including Brayden Points goal.

Hope he figures it out for you guys though, am definitely on the Jets bandwagon come playoffs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Fine with him leaving. Obviously, it would have been better to see Benn go for how bad a hockey player he is...and Schlemko for how stupid that contract is....but hey you can't win it all. I mean...we never win but at least it's better than nothing. We have to adjust to what an idiot can do.....work hard, don't make big mistakes, and win minor deals.
I'll never adjust to stupidity and incompetence. Get this f***ing ass clown out of here already.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Well we tried the project (Joe Morrow), and he failed. Added him for free and add asset for him. I'm ok with this. He's eligible for arbitration too, we would not have qualified him because of that IMO.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
An OK move but since a bigger trade didn't happen, it gets swept into the anger Habs feel right now.

Teams don't make hockey trades at TD. It's more about trading players with contract expiring that you don't want to keep (sellers) and adding depth (contenders).

We will see more moves at the draft.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Actually downgraded from a third to fourth as keeping Morrow instead of Davidson cost a round
But got Valiev in the Plekanec deal where most people here thought Bergevin couldn't even get a second so we're up a D there.....

See, that's what happens during the course of a season, you win some and you lose some, that's reality......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad