Confirmed with Link: Joe Morrow to Winnipeg Jets for a 2018 4th Round Pick

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
But got Valiev in the Plekanec deal where most people here thought Bergevin couldn't even get a second so we're up a D there.....

See, that's what happens during the course of a season, you win some and you lose some, that's reality......
Yet when you lose more than you win, that’s a problem

Locks

May 28, 2005
I am somewhat surprised that a contender payed a fourth for this guy - this is a testament to how hard it is to get solid top 6 dmen, let along top 4. His biggest problem is a lack of hockey sense, both defensively and offensively. He has decent skating and can skate with the puck into the o zone but has no clue what to do with it. His very good shot is his offensive tool.

Benn is an easily movable asset considering his contract as the Pens interest confirms. I think they want to see how the young guys, particularly Reilly and Valiev do this year before moving Benn.
As for Schlemko, he might end up providing veteran presence in Laval next year as the worst case scenario, hopefully MB can find a way to unload him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I am somewhat surprised that a contender payed a fourth for this guy - this is a testament to how hard it is to get solid top 6 dmen, let along top 4. His biggest problem is a lack of hockey sense, both defensively and offensively. He has decent skating and can skate with the puck into the o zone but has no clue what to do with it. His very good shot is his offensive tool.

Benn is an easily movable asset considering his contract as the Pens interest confirms. I think they want to see how the young guys, particularly Reilly and Valiev do this year before moving Benn.
As for Schlemko, he might end up providing veteran presence in Laval next year as the worst case scenario, hopefully MB can find a way to unload him.

was kind of shocked a team paid a 4th for him let alone was even interested. But glad he was moved even if I had wished it was Benn and or Schlemko first since I don't see anyone taking on Alzner and his terrible contract.

I haven't watched a lot of Hab games but I prefer Schlemko to Benn although that's not saying much. It's just hard to figure out the Habs, if they are going to suck again next year, why have guys like Benn, Schlemko vs guys like Jerabek, Morrow (who I didn't like but would rather lose with him then Benn)

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
was kind of shocked a team paid a 4th for him let alone was even interested. But glad he was moved even if I had wished it was Benn and or Schlemko first since I don't see anyone taking on Alzner and his terrible contract.

I haven't watched a lot of Hab games but I prefer Schlemko to Benn although that's not saying much. It's just hard to figure out the Habs, if they are going to suck again next year, why have guys like Benn, Schlemko vs guys like Jerabek, Morrow (who I didn't like but would rather lose with him then Benn)

I was surprised to hear that the Jets offered him a contract in the offseason, but he took the one from the Habs, because of his ties to Julien in Boston. Maybe saw an opportunity for more playing time in Montreal? Looked weak, losing a puck battle to Yannick Weber on the 5-4 goal. I think he will still do better being coached by Charlie Huddy than he will by JJD.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I am so tired of this constant shuffling of bottom six and bottom pair defenseman.

We get it, they are easy to trade.

The problem is when you play them in the top 6 F / top 4 D. GET BETTER PLAYERS!~

What can you expect from Bergevin, though? His expertise is in bottom D men. He didn't understand the actual individual qualities and abilities of Subban and Weber, FFS. He relied on his biases, gut, and their reputations. This is how this team, to a large degree, was selected, and why we have an immature winger playing centre.

Now look at the team. There is not one single identifiable strength that sets them apart in any way. That this is somehow tolerable to fans or worse, the ownership, is quite imcomprehensible.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Morrow skates like the wind and can put pucks in net, he's still young. I can see why a team would take a chance on him, much like what Buffalo did with Brolieu.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What is it about Joe Morrow that makes him so bad? I am trying to obtain some realistic information about him, not the typical, he sucks etc.

His decision making in the defensive zone is horrendous. He'll cover the wrong man, or stand by someone in front of the net and not lift their stick, just inexplicable start cross checking them half heartedly and then they get the puck and score. I just don't know what's going through his mind with some of the things he does out there.

But, I wasn't ready to give up on him. If he just made better decisions, he would be excellent. Can skate the puck up the ice, good stick handler, great shot, good size...

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
I see old MB is somehow getting credit for this move? That's rich. Just shows how bad his "elite judging of talent" and his pro scouts are. Freaking Chiarelli got a 3rd for Davidson who MB waived not long before. Nice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad