Recalled/Assigned: Joe Cannata recalled from Chicago

Alflives*

Schneider would play through anything aside from cancer. And maybe a leg amputation.

**** it, he would play though both cancer and an amputation because he's that much of a competitor, and he would win the Vezina doing it.

Is Schnieder not the guy who was not capeable of playing, because he had a cold? Plus, he has had cramps too, that have kept him for completing games. He's not in Kelser territory for being fragile, but this latest 'problem' only adds to the greater concern. Can Schnieder carry the load as a #1 for a prolonged period?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Is Schnieder not the guy who was not capeable of playing, because he had a cold? Plus, he has had cramps too, that have kept him for completing games. He's not in Kelser territory for being fragile, but this latest 'problem' only adds to the greater concern. Can Schnieder carry the load as a #1 for a prolonged period?

Please, just don't.

Guys, if the Canucks were just giving Schneider a break there would be no need to call up Cannata. Schneider would just sit on the bench as the backup. There's obviously something wrong.

Nov 1, 2011
I don't hate Gillis but the goalie situation is his doing. My opinion hasn't changed.

Real question, Schneider struggled out of the gate but Luongo was very good. Luongo actually split games evenly with Schneider until halfway through the season because Schneider wasn't doing well (0.910 save% at about the halfway mark IIRC).

If we didn't have Luongo at the start of the year, do you think we are in a playoff spot because I'm not sure, at best, we are still struggling.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Makes sense. Tim Thomas is out all year with a brain injury.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Please, just don't.

Guys, if the Canucks were just giving Schneider a break there would be no need to call up Cannata. Schneider would just sit on the bench as the backup. There's obviously something wrong.

Not necessarily. I'd ur the back up you still need to be ready to play, and if an injury occurs your in. This gives Schneid a full break -- physical and mental -- and also gives the rookie a reward/experience.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Real question, Schneider struggled out of the gate but Luongo was very good. Luongo actually split games evenly with Schneider until halfway through the season because Schneider wasn't doing well (0.910 save% at about the halfway mark IIRC).

If we didn't have Luongo at the start of the year, do you think we are in a playoff spot because I'm not sure, at best, we are still struggling.

To me, this should not be a consideration or else this becomes a legitimate reason to keep both goalies going forward. What if Schneider struggles out of the gate next season?

Both goalies have been troopers and it has been unfair to put them in this situation.

M A K A V E L I*

sATEyN9.jpg

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
To me, this should not be a consideration or else this becomes a legitimate reason to keep both goalies going forward. What if Schneider struggles out of the gate next season?

Both goalies have been troopers and it has been unfair to put them in this situation.

Not really true - the change in the cap makes it very different situation next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad