Recalled/Assigned: Joe Cannata recalled from Chicago

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
20 bucks says it's Schneider's hip, out for the season. Luongo comes in wins cup. Goalie controversy continues! :sarcasm:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
day to day with an undisclosed injury
I'm guessing he's suffering from the dreaded "don't want to risk injury in a mean nothing game" desease (course, isn't that is why we've got an insurance policy in the name of Luongo as backup?).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm guessing he's suffering from the dreaded "don't want to risk injury in a mean nothing game" desease (course, isn't that is why we've got an insurance policy in the name of Luongo as backup?).

I sincerely hope this is the case. Either way - damn good thing we have Luongo at this point.

arsmaster*

Schneider is fine, they are giving a prospect a look, thus an NHL pay day for a couple days.

Dangling the carrot for young Joey C.

It would be amazing if Lu starts at home vs Anaheim, and Joey C gets Edmonton on Saturday.

Could you imagine....

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I wonder how many people still hate Gillis for taking his time now with a Luongo trade. We would have looked pretty stupid with a Scrivens-Cannata tandem heading into the playoffs., especially with nothing else added to our roster.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Isn't this the 3rd call up

Was it three that was the maximum. Guess that doesn't matter anymore since Wolves season is done

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Schneider is fine, they are giving a prospect a look, thus an NHL pay day for a couple days.

Dangling the carrot for young Joey C.

It would be amazing if Lu starts at home vs Anaheim, and Joey C gets Edmonton on Saturday.

Could you imagine....
i would like that, give the kid a taste and give edmonton a couple of points

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I sincerely hope this is the case. Either way - damn good thing we have Luongo at this point.

Think it was a given that Luongo would get another start (or more) at this point in the season; as arsmaster said...why not let a goalie prospect "soak in the atmosphere" of being on a NHL team (even if it's just sitting on the bench)?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Won't matter as soon as playoffs start. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it doesn't even matter now since the AHL season for the Wolves is done.
It's been stated by many people on twitter that the Canucks will be calling up a bunch of people (Schroeder, Jensen, Vandermeer, etc) towards the end of the week.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Wonder if the fact Schneider is from Boston also played a factor? It'll give him some time to fly home (think I read somewhere his fiance was acquanted with one of the victims of the Marathon bombings).

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
And at this point holding onto Luongo doesn't look like such a bad move.

momo

Jun 20, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Giving Cannata some NHL experience albeit as a backup. Typical of Canucks management. They give young guys first hand look at the pros for motivation, experience, etc.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I wonder how many people still hate Gillis for taking his time now with a Luongo trade. We would have looked pretty stupid with a Scrivens-Cannata tandem heading into the playoffs., especially with nothing else added to our roster.

I don't hate Gillis but the goalie situation is his doing. My opinion hasn't changed.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Isn't this the 3rd call up

Was it three that was the maximum. Guess that doesn't matter anymore since Wolves season is done

I thought the maximum was five (and as you and others have rightfully pointed out, it doesn't matter anymore).

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Guy's I called this.

Only thing left for my prediction is that Luongo wins the cup.... I can't find my quote :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad