Joanie "Chyna" Laurer passes away

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I feel bad because I feel sorry for how things turned out for her. She seemed like a person in need of help but too proud to ask and when she was sober seemed to be a nice person.

That said, strictly from a wrestling standpoint, I was never a fan.

She was tied to DX, which was one group I couldn't stand and to this day whenever they are trotted out for nostalgia I don't give a crap about. I also seriously resented her being inserted into a feud with Jericho. I was a huge Jericho fan at the time and she as a worker was flat out awful. Latino Heat with her and Eddie turned out to be a great angle, but I can't help but think it started out as some way to make Eddie look like a clown. I can't recall any time she was positioned in angles to make "The WWF guys" look bad, but the guys coming in who were new and fresh had to go through these silly ways of putting her over.

Like Sable, I think people look back at her run with a lot more rose colored glasses than they should. To call her "Rhonda Rousey before Rhonda Rousey" is quite frankly, pretty insulting.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I started rewatching some of the Eddie/Chyna segments and I forgot how unexpectedly enjoyable that combo was.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
According to documentary director Erik Angra, who was with Chyna for months before she passed, Chyna had started drinking after she became upset about not being invited to this year’s WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. Angra says this is one of the reasons Chyna backed out of a meet-and-greet at WrestleCon this year, and didn’t end up flying to Dallas for the weekend.

Sources told Pro Wrestling Sheet Chyna was hoping the new documentary would help address her WWE Hall of Fame situation, and when she got snubbed for an invite she started drinking more. Angra says Chyna had also been emotional over attempts to reconnect with her family, and the full story regarding the situation will be featured in the documentary, which will still be released in the future.

Chyna’s cause of death is still being investigated, and reports have said it is being looked at as a possible overdose, which Angra said crew members saw signs of addiction in Chyna while filming.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/702...bad-relationship-with-wwe#doa7Qa7L8KS1iDw8.99

Also Bret Hart seemed pretty skeptical in an interview earlier this week. Are a lot of wrestlers tied up in the company and their old characters? Remember watching legends house and how the former wrestlers still had trouble unwinding from their old fame and characters.

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently appeared in the UK for a multi-date spoken word tour, and the following is what Hart had to say about his upcoming WWE Payback appearance, according to Total Wrestling Magazine:

“I do it to honour Nattie, I [have] no desire to be there no desire to be on TV,” Hart told the audience. “I’m happy to be there for Nattie but I’ve just had wrist surgery so it’s not a great time.

“It’ll be great to put Flair in the sharpshooter though.”

Hart’s appearance in Cardiff was on the same day that Chyna unfortunately passed away and ‘The Hitman’ was asked about what he thought about the former WWE star.

“It was sad, I think she should be in the Hall of Fame but I don’t think WWE will ever put her in there. Because of her relationship with Triple H.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/701...th-of-joanie-chyna-laurer#iygfHZlLOdUsw6f5.99

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad