Confirmed with Link: JJ Daigneault & Dan Lacroix let go; Habs Sign Dominique Ducharme - 3 years to be new assistant coach

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hoping for Kitchen.
Thinking Boucher.
Wishing Lefebvre.....for what it will do to this board.....ME INCLUDED.....:laugh:

Outside candidate (if contract is up...) Alain Nasreddine.

wont be Guy Boucher.,Julien says former NHL dman.....so not Boucher..

Maybe coach Michael Komisarek?????

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I wont pretend to know a lot of Ducharme but its pretty rare a Bergy move gets pretty universal praise.

At least maybe we can say he is making the obvious moves, ie. firing SL, JJ and DL. We have moved up from "at least he can be buried in the AHL" to give him some credit

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I am not sure ; i think that we should go with younger coaches more suited to teach modern hockey . Not that Robinson 's a has been but you know ...the guy isn't new blood :laugh:
This so called 'modern' hockey we are playing today is closer to what Robinson played (minus the fights) than any of what the 40 yr old D-men would've played

Reactions: bsl

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I wont pretend to know a lot of Ducharme but its pretty rare a Bergy move gets pretty universal praise.

At least maybe we can say he is making the obvious moves, ie. firing SL, JJ and DL. We have moved up from "at least he can be buried in the AHL" to give him some credit

The coaches dont score goals.....so until we see the moves player wise in the coming months, well lets temper our expectations...I remember when Muller came here, the powerplay was goona get lights out...but did not light up as planned.....So we need the horses that can score on the ice......

Reactions: Milhouse40

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Be ready...Lefebvre is coming back....:sarcasm: He fits the profile though...lol

Julien is looking, for the assistant job, towards an ex- NHL d-man with a certain coaching experience coaching in the NHL....

Damn, I was thinking how cool it would be to bring Markov back as a coach, but he has no experience.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Great news , it's a step in the right direction .

Dominique Ducharme have an impressive track sheet, he won pretty much everywhere he went, Memorial cup with Halifax, WJC .
I was expecting to see him in Laval as a HC , but i'm really happy that he will be behind our bench right away. What i'm the most exited about is to see him reunite again with Jonathan Drouin, and now i'm expecting a huge season for Drouin.

Like i said, it's a step in the right direction and now i'm hoping to see Joël Bouchard in Laval as a HC or GM or both HC/GM

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The coaches dont score goals.....so until we see the moves player wise in the coming months, well lets temper our expectations...I remember when Muller came here, the powerplay was goona get lights out...but did not light up as planned.....So we need the horses that can score on the ice......
The Habs PP has gone from 25th to 12th with Muller, and that's with Weber out/hurt majority of the year

Coaches do/should make a difference, they don't replace talent but they should be able to get the most out of it

Reactions: Runner77

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Roy cameback yesterday , but Boucher left a few weeks ago , the HC/GM job of the Remparts was vacant
Too convenient, Boucher has to be the front runner for D-Coach when you add it all up but I don't think he has any Pro coaching experience

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I don't know much either but to see Bergevin "move on" from some of his buddies makes me think that Molson is doing more behind the scenes than just upgrading the menu at the Bell centre. I also want to see a new "assistant" GM to help neuter our great leader. You have to think that these moves are all about transition and Bergevin is only still here because of his contract and hopefully Molson has learned a hard lesson. Keep those cards and letters coming folks, our collective voices are being heard, they will never acknowledge it but they cannot deny it either.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hiring Ducharme an important step towards redemption for Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

But Ducharme’s addition is the one in focus, the one that could have the most considerable impact on both the short and long-term future of the team.

If you watched his Voltigeurs over the last season, you saw a team that was dominant offensively. One that finished first overall in league scoring thanks to four-line depth, but also because of Ducharme’s progressive approach.

If you watched his World Junior teams, you saw a smothering, all-out assault style of play. A style of play that wins hockey games in 2018.

The Canadiens, who scored one goal or less 26 times this season, can certainly use some of that.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Claude is clearly ''excited'' to have Ducharme as his new ass. coach :sarcasm:

31408353_10214619652716879_7184655785631154176_n.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Never expect led him to be an assistant coach but I’m glad he’s on board! Good addition and in 2 or 3 years.. He might replace Julien. Julien have 4 years left in his current contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad