Proposal: Jiricek for Savoie

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
The sabres need to move some youth and picks and acquire there version of JT Miller, Hronek, Toews etc.
You can't win with a team of guys 18-24. Fun to watch and all that but it's better to identify the core guys like Dahlin, Tage, Casey, a few wingers and use the rest as assets.

Clearly the current team is not a contender and nobody except Tuch has experienced a winning culture.
Sabres have pissed away at least one core of Jack, Sam, Ullmark etc and it's happening again.
It's unexcusable that a city and fanbase like Buffalo has gone over a decade without playoff hockey.
Aside from Vancouver, there's not another team I wanna see succeed.
Haha I appreciate it part of me can’t even fathom the playoffs( like… ever) let alone compete in them. Sabres fans are a disturbed, suffering people. I’m rooting for Vancouver this yr also btw as a team that never won the cup. Good luck!!!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Haha I appreciate it part of me can’t even fathom the playoffs( like… ever) let alone compete in them. Sabres fans are a disturbed, suffering people. I’m rooting for Vancouver this yr btw as a team that never won the cup. Good luck!!!!
Confession time: moments like that are a significant part of why I'm also a Preds fan.
so yes, the last couple of years have been extra-super-duper special...

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Confession time: moments like that are a significant part of why I'm also a Preds fan.
so yes, the last couple of years have been extra-super-duper special...
Part of what makes it fun to be a fan of a perpetually s*** team is that you can root for anyone you want each playoffs :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And I think that Fantilli guy has the 1C spot you mention locked down for the foreseeable future. Add to that Columbus has what is a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick again. Wouldnt be shocked either way if they go C or D in the upconing draft.

Yep, I can see Fantilli as potentially the 1C and then looking at it for a high-end 2C slotting in behind him, then a cruncher like Voronkov imposing in more of a 2-way/cycle role. Or if they find someone on par or better (okay, Celebrini), they can then slot that guy and Fantilli as the 1C and 2C. With Johnson around and Brindley, Dumais and even Malatesta around, they don't look like small scoring winger is a need at all - especially given the financial commitment to Gaudreau or the emergence of Chinakov and Marchenko as good mid-6 wingers. There are only so many spots to go around and I don't see that Savoie dislodges someone in that group enough to even merit consideration in a deal.

(I know you know this, I'm talking to you about your team... just trying to lay my thoughts out further if Sabre fans are wondering why the idea doesn't have traction.)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I’ve heard that Jiricek could get moved. How much more than Savoie would Sabres have to add?
Nah, you heard lies and wild speculation. We've gone plaid on this one!

I’ve seen Savoie play ( unlike majority of hf). Silky smooth skating / hands, elite vision. He will be GOOD, like 65-85 pt good. GM Adams knows this and he won’t be selling low on him. I’m not saying Jiricek for him is bad for Buffalo, sounds like a good hockey trade, I’d prefer to keep him until we know more clearly what we have in him.( btw I admit I don’t watch Jiricek regularly so maybe I’m just ignorant )
Doesn't sounds like a good hockey trade when you factor in position, size and need.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
A team not wanting to trade a big RHD with 1D upside for another small offensive forward is hardly disrespect. Columbus has plenty of young skilled forwards, they like Buffalo do not have anyone to match Jiriceks upside on the right side of the defense. Not sure why thats hard to understand
I think it's because you didn't understand my post. I'm not saying trade for Savoie for Jiricek. I am noting people in here saying he is a small winger as if that is a life debilitating condition or that his potential is nowhere near Jiricek or that Savoie is a add on to a trade for Jiricek, Savoie is a top forward prospect, I get that Columbus isn't interested in that and Columbus only wants Jiricek.

Disrespect or just a bad fit? Columbus - like Buffalo - has a lot of young, offensive minded wingers. They need a 1C (or high-end 2C) and RD. Jiricek is RD and capable of being a long-term fit for them. There is no reason for him to be moved shy of filling that other need and even then, it has to be a fit.
I wasn't advocating for Savoie being traded for Jiricek, just that people are dragging Savoie for no real reason. The fit isn't there and hopefully Columbus can repair the relationship.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Unless they win the lottery for Celebrini, I’d be shocked if they went with a forward in the top eight.
I wouldn't with Catton and Lindstrom there. Both high end and both centers, one with size. I think we'll likely see a D-man but wouldn't rule out those two as options after 1OA

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I wouldn't with Catton and Lindstrom there. Both high end and both centers, one with size. I think we'll likely see a D-man but wouldn't rule out those two as options after 1OA
I think if one of Silayev or Levshunov is available, that’s who they’ll take. That is, of course, assuming that either the current regime are still in place or that at least Ville Siren is.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think it's because you didn't understand my post. I'm not saying trade for Savoie for Jiricek. I am noting people in here saying he is a small winger as if that is a life debilitating condition or that his potential is nowhere near Jiricek or that Savoie is a add on to a trade for Jiricek, Savoie is a top forward prospect, I get that Columbus isn't interested in that and Columbus only wants Jiricek.

I wasn't advocating for Savoie being traded for Jiricek, just that people are dragging Savoie for no real reason. The fit isn't there and hopefully Columbus can repair the relationship.
But when you add in the context of Savoie to Columbus is doesnt make sense. Our teams have a lot of the same organizational strengths and weaknesses, not really a great match for big trades. You obviously dont want a team of small skill guys and we already have Gaudreau/Johnson fitting that mold so I dont think that style of player would be a target. Noone is saying Savoie is bad but the fit is bad in this proposed scenario

Reactions: Zman5778

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. The piece that the sabres would need to think of moving is probably Cozens or Mittlestadt

Those players are good right now (or at least with Cozens, should be good again soon). They ought to be moving Savoie type futures for some better vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad