Proposal: Jiricek for Savoie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’ve heard that Jiricek could get moved. How much more than Savoie would Sabres have to add?

Since Savoie isn't projected to be a 1C nor is he another defenseman, it doesn't appear to be good value at all for Columbus. That's also if they were remotely entertaining something like this - which JD and Jarmo have said they are not. The value's not there. If Buffalo is considering Jiricek, Columbus likely doesn't get interested unless Power or Cozens is part of the trade and then that's just pushing things further off for Buffalo. No amount of small wingers should get this sort of deal done.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I’ve seen Savoie play ( unlike majority of hf). Silky smooth skating / hands, elite vision. He will be GOOD, like 65-85 pt good. GM Adams knows this and he won’t be selling low on him. I’m not saying Jiricek for him is bad for Buffalo, sounds like a good hockey trade, I’d prefer to keep him until we know more clearly what we have in him.( btw I admit I don’t watch Jiricek regularly so maybe I’m just ignorant )

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If Columbus were to move Jiricek (wont be any time soon) and Buffalo was making an offer with Savoie, then Savoie would have to be the add on in the offer, not the main piece.

Reactions: Xoggz22

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The Savoie disrespect is wild in here. I get that Savoie isn't what Columbus is wanting and Columbus fans have this wall up that Jiricek won't be moved. Currently Savoie should not be an add on or throw in for any trade. If he is being moved, he is the main piece.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The Savoie disrespect is wild in here. I get that Savoie isn't what Columbus is wanting and Columbus fans have this wall up that Jiricek won't be moved. Currently Savoie should not be an add on or throw in for any trade. If he is being moved, he is the main piece.
A team not wanting to trade a big RHD with 1D upside for another small offensive forward is hardly disrespect. Columbus has plenty of young skilled forwards, they like Buffalo do not have anyone to match Jiriceks upside on the right side of the defense. Not sure why thats hard to understand

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I’ve seen Savoie play ( unlike majority of hf). Silky smooth skating / hands, elite vision. He will be GOOD, like 65-85 pt good. GM Adams knows this and he won’t be selling low on him. I’m not saying Jiricek for him is bad for Buffalo, sounds like a good hockey trade, I’d prefer to keep him until we know more clearly what we have in him.( btw I admit I don’t watch Jiricek regularly so maybe I’m just ignorant )
Ive seen Savoie play also, most recently his last 2 games on the weekend while tuning in to watch Mateychuk. Hes good, we know that. Hes not Jiricek good and doesnt provide the same upside especially to Columbus should they both even remotely reach their upside.

Jiricek already has a WJC best player award, he put up 38 points in 55 games last season as a teenage defenseman in the AHL and now with the stint hes had this year hes up to 7 points in 6 games while still needing to fill out. Hes going to be a monster someday.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
what about Benson for Jiricek ?
Savoie is nowhere near Jiricak value atm, maybe in the future but not now

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Disrespect or just a bad fit? Columbus - like Buffalo - has a lot of young, offensive minded wingers. They need a 1C (or high-end 2C) and RD. Jiricek is RD and capable of being a long-term fit for them. There is no reason for him to be moved shy of filling that other need and even then, it has to be a fit.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Viqsi

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Disrespect or just a bad fit? Columbus - like Buffalo - has a lot of young, offensive minded wingers. They need a 1C (or high-end 2C) and RD. Jiricek is RD and capable of being a long-term fit for them. There is no reason for him to be moved shy of filling that other need and even then, it has to be a fit.
And I think that Fantilli guy has the 1C spot you mention locked down for the foreseeable future. Add to that Columbus has what is a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick again. Wouldnt be shocked either way if they go C or D in the upconing draft.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Ive seen Savoie play also, most recently his last 2 games on the weekend while tuning in to watch Mateychuk. Hes good, we know that. Hes not Jiricek good and doesnt provide the same upside especially to Columbus should they both even remotely reach their upside.

Jiricek already has a WJC best player award, he put up 38 points in 55 games last season as a teenage defenseman in the AHL and now with the stint hes had this year hes up to 7 points in 6 games while still needing to fill out. Hes going to be a monster someday.
I guess it’s really hard to compare a D and F at a younger age ?:huh:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
And I think that Fantilli guy has the 1C spot you mention locked down for the foreseeable future. Add to that Columbus has what is a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick again. Wouldnt be shocked either way if they go C or D in the upconing draft.
Unless they win the lottery for Celebrini, I’d be shocked if they went with a forward in the top eight.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Not really. But regardless, its easy to see team needs. Columbus has a big hole at 1st pair RD, Jiricek has 1st pair RD upsude. Seems simple enough to me
Comparing D to F is like apples and oranges. Completely different positions on different sides of the ice with different responsibilities. Of course it’d be harder to compare them. Anyway I respect your opinion

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Unless they win the lottery for Celebrini, I’d be shocked if they went with a forward in the top eight.
I dont know anymore. Im guessing they like their top 4 D for the future and we dont have any longterm 2Cs in the system currently. I just wouldnt be shocked if they go grab Lindstrom

Reactions: Chainshot

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The sabres need to move some youth and picks and acquire there version of JT Miller, Hronek, Toews etc.
You can't win with a team of guys 18-24. Fun to watch and all that but it's better to identify the core guys like Dahlin, Tage, Casey, a few wingers and use the rest as assets.

Clearly the current team is not a contender and nobody except Tuch has experienced a winning culture.
Sabres have pissed away at least one core of Jack, Sam, Ullmark etc and it's happening again.
It's unexcusable that a city and fanbase like Buffalo has gone over a decade without playoff hockey.
Aside from Vancouver, there's not another team I wanna see succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad