Jiri Tlusty

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Semin had nothing to do with it. Unless I misunderstood the comment, it was uncouth. That tragedy transcends anything hockey and most other things. Wow! Nothing to be lol'd at.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Semin had nothing to do with it. Unless I misunderstood the comment, it was uncouth. That tragedy transcends anything hockey and most other things. Wow! Nothing to be lol'd at.

Oh come on. My two-year-old reacted less strongly than that when his cousin told him Thomas the Train died in a fiery head-on crash.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Oh come on. My two-year-old reacted less strongly than that when his cousin told him Thomas the Train died in a fiery head-on crash.

I was reacting to some sort of statement regarding the Boston bombings or what I interpreted as making light of it. I may have misunderstood, but if it was the case, I find nothing funny about an 8 year old being killed and their family devastated along with the lives of many others. But you know what? Ah, forget it. What's the point?...........................................!:shakehead Just forget it all. Unreal!!!

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Phillipe Paradise would have just as much success if he were put in Tlusty's position with Eric Staal (who HFBoards thinks is overrated) and Alex Semin (who is a soft lazy Euro cancer).

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
To be fair to him, it didn't look like he had much of a future as an NHLer at the time.

So when a shady-looking man offered him gobs of cash to go into the backroom and "go crazy", well...

Youth...

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
So.... Jiri Tlusty.

One of Cary Magazine's most eligible bachelors.

BIef4ClCcAA1d7n.jpg

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Everyone appears better than they truly are when paired with Justin Faulk.

JustHereForTheFights

Apr 16, 2013
One of Cary Magazine's most eligible bachelors.

BIef4ClCcAA1d7n.jpg

The only way this would be creepier would be if they'd named Skinner instead of Faulk. I know Faulk and Skinner are actually very close in age, but Faulk can probably buy a drink w/o getting carded, while Skinner may as well tape his ID to his forehead (once he is of age in the US).

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
It's amazing that there is talk of trading Jiri. But he's European. If a guy had the skills that Jiri has demonstrated and was NA, he would easily be worth a huge raise and everyone would be on board.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It's amazing that there is talk of trading Jiri. But he's European. If a guy had the skills that Jiri has demonstrated and was NA, he would easily be worth a huge raise and everyone would be on board.

Have people forgotten the "trade Tlusty" talk started with me, his #1 fan?

I never said trade Tlusty. I said that JR would be a fool if he didn't see what interest there is in him. Tlusty's value will never be higher than this offseason. He's coming off a year where he was among the best goal scorers in the League, and (more importantly) is getting paid 1.7 million next year while still being an RFA afterwards.

With the cap coming down, methinks teams that want to add the final piece would be very willing to part with a kings ransom for Tlusty.

I don't want to trade Tlusty. But that doesn't mean JR shouldn't find out what, exactly, Tlusty will fetch in a trade.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Have people forgotten the "trade Tlusty" talk started with me, his #1 fan?

I never said trade Tlusty. I said that JR would be a fool if he didn't see what interest there is in him. Tlusty's value will never be higher than this offseason. He's coming off a year where he was among the best goal scorers in the League, and (more importantly) is getting paid 1.7 million next year while still being an RFA afterwards.

With the cap coming down, methinks teams that want to add the final piece would be very willing to part with a kings ransom for Tlusty.

I don't want to trade Tlusty. But that doesn't mean JR shouldn't find out what, exactly, Tlusty will fetch in a trade.

People have said that anyone could play with Semin and produce. Untrue. Sure he was responsible for Eric's season if people would admit it because Eric is very talented. But there are not many that can play at Semin's level. He dominates out there and how many times have you seen two guys on him and Jiri wide open. When he's on the ice someone is always open when he has the puck. Eric should have his own line and Semin should have his.

Semin has set up many plays this year that have not resulted in a goal. I have seen his frustration at times. There have been many times when guys don't even expect a pass and it has resulted in a turn over. Semin when not injured and playing at the top of his game is ultra skilled. Tlusty has the skill that enables him to read Semin and play very well with him. I think it's a European thing. NA players are not trained the same at all. It's quite obvious. It would be foolish to move him because it would be hard to replace him. You don't let a guy like that go. They click better than Eric and Alex IMO. If anything, find a C for them, preferably a "lazy" Euro. and play them as the second line.

There is lots to build. People talk about the D and yes that's a priority but the forwards cannot rely on one line. Again however, when push comes to shove with money, I really think that Semin will be traded. Tlusty as well. They will build the defense eventually and rely on Eric and Jordan up front. It will be a mistake but it will satisfy the fans in Carolina especially if they score Marc Staal.

What would be the point in shopping Jiri? Not saying it wont happen. It likely will. Would you trade Semin for MS? Would you trade Tlusty, etc. for MS?

Last edited:

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
See, Jussi is a good comparison to Jiri, sort of. The Pens got another steal. I think Jiri is more talented but Jussi is obviously no slouch. Why is it that Jussi is playing so well in Pittsburgh? Funny that. Jiri will move on because he will not get what he deserves in Carolina. Yet another hole to fill. The Pens will have a few holes to fill themselves in a couple of years. I expect that they will be looking this way.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys,

As an outsider, I'm wondering about Tlustly. He seems to be playing #1pp and getting lots of shtoi. do you see this continuing through the entire season? Do you think he will have a bounce back year from last season? What line does he usually play on in Carolina?

Thanks a lot. I'm interested to hear your guys opinions on this player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad