Rumor: Jiri Hudler could sign this week, Canucks are in the mix

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I'm not convinced that Hudler will get term because I think he wants NMC, so he don't want to go Las Vegas. Teams don't give him NMC, I think it is pretty guaranteed. He would get overpayment from Vegas in next summer so no need to sign longer deal without NMC now.

Come to Chicago please.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
He's probably looking for a three year deal. I'll guess he only gets 4m * 2.

I don't see why he would take nothing to join Chicago. Doesn't make any sense

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's probably looking for a three year deal. I'll guess he only gets 4m * 2.

I don't see why he would take nothing to join Chicago. Doesn't make any sense

yeah, he's already won a cup so I don't see him taking a ton less just to be on a winner. He's at an age where he's got to think of guaranteed money, and that means term.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I want him in Toronto if he signed we could see a future too 9 of

JVR Mathews Nylander

Hudler Kadri Marner

Komarov Bozak Hyman/Soshnikov

that's not perfect by any stretch but it's not bad it's got a mix of youth and vets it's got 3 lines that should be able to score

If you add Hudler and Andersen plays like I know he can because I live out west and got to see him play a lot then maybe Toronto Surprises some people

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Canucks Lineup with Hudler

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Hudler Horvat Hansen
Baertschi Sutter Virtanen
Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Sbisa Tryamkin

Miller Markstrom

People hate but IMO thats a playoff team. Lacks top end talent but has very good depth.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Just scanning twitter and many 'sources' have people saying Vancouver over Chicago cause of $$.. A random guy from Hockeybuzz is saying this weekend is when he'll sign and not really any reliable sources as far as I can tell,but we'll see

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Just scanning twitter and many 'sources' have people saying Vancouver over Chicago cause of $$.. A random guy from Hockeybuzz is saying this weekend is when he'll sign and not really any reliable sources as far as I can tell,but we'll see

He'd be an idiot to sign with the Canucks over Chicago, even due to money imo.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Canucks and Toronto might be the only teams who don't have to worry extensively about the expansion draft with Hudler, I don't believe either team has 7 legitimate forwards to protect even with NMCs.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Hudler Horvat Hansen
Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Sbisa Tryamkin

Miller Markstrom

People hate but IMO thats a playoff team. Lacks top end talent but has very good depth.

If Virtanen steps up (breaks out) and replaces Hansen as the 2nd line RW they would have a chance if it weren't for their goaltending. It's is really weak, bottom 5 in the league imo. Don't see them making the playoffs solely because of that.

eviohh26*

If Virtanen steps up (breaks out) and replaces Hansen as the 2nd line RW they would have a chance if it weren't for their goaltending. It's is really weak, bottom 5 in the league imo. Don't see them making the playoffs solely because of that.

I strongly disagree with our goaltending. I believe we are in the middle of the pack. Markstrom is underrated. he was = to Miller last year. I dont think its great goal tending but i certainly dont think its bottom 5.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
I strongly disagree with our goaltending. I believe we are in the middle of the pack. Markstrom is underrated. he was = to Miller last year. I dont think its great goal tending but i certainly dont think its bottom 5.

Buffalo
Carolina
Arizona
Vancouver
Winnipeg

In no particular order. Edmonton is a little above those listed in case you think I forgot about them.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

That's ok if your value on goaltenders is skewed seeing the team you cheer for.
Vancouver's goaltenders were the back bone of their success the past two seasons, what very little success the team has had. If the Canucks didn't have Markstrom putting up starter like numbers and Miller not missed considerably more time last season we'd have challenge for worst point percentage of all time. The Canucks scored a measly amount but were able to float around the wild card position right until the Christmas break. Also at the end with 20 games to go, it'd seemed each goaltender was hell bent on not having the team place last overall with their play.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
That's ok if your value on goaltenders is skewed seeing the team you cheer for.
Vancouver's goaltenders were the back bone of their success the past two seasons, what very little success the team has had. If the Canucks didn't have Markstrom putting up starter like numbers and Miller not missed considerably more time last season we'd have challenge for worst point percentage of all time. The Canucks scored a measly amount but were able to float around the wild card position right until the Christmas break. Also at the end with 20 games to go, it'd seemed each goaltender was hell bent on not having the team place last overall with their play.

I agree they had good goaltending the year they made the playoffs, but last year it fell apart. Markstrom looked solid but it wasn't enough to make up for the abysmal play of Miller. The goaltending was good when it didn't matter? A lot of teams play play better when they are out of the race. The oilers come to mind as a team that plays better than usual towards the end of the season when they are already eliminated from the playoffs. Unless Markstrom plays the entire season as the number 1 (and builds off last season) and Miller gets very little playing time I don't see the Nucks making the playoffs.

I wouldn't say any of those teams are worse, even with Hudler (especially not Carolina). New Jersey (and maybe Colorado if they somehow decide to hire Eakins) is the only one I think that'll be worse than us.

I was referring specifically to goaltending.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
He needs to do a "Campbell" and sign a cheap one year deal with the Hawks. It's what's best for everyone at this point.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hudsy...come to Pittsburgh on a 1yr 1mil contract...pad your stats with Malkin...CASH the F in next off season when teams lose top 6 wings.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Hudler Horvat Hansen
Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Sbisa Tryamkin

Miller Markstrom

Id keep Bae-Bo together and have Gauncer instead of the Wrong Granlund for the 4C

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Bae-Bo-Eriksson
Hudler Sutter Burrows
Rodine Gaunce Dorset

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I'd be willing to bet the Penguins would do a Miller-MAF swap. Not 1:1 but a base of that...

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Id keep Bae-Bo together and have Gauncer instead of the Wrong Granlund for the 4C

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Bae-Bo-Eriksson
Hudler Sutter Burrows
Rodine Gaunce Dorset
You know that Sutter is our 2nd line center right.And where is JV?
My projected line up if we land Hudler,omg Benning is killing this team fast.
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Hudler Sutter Hanson
Baertschi Bo Virtanen
Rodin Granlund Burrows
Dorsett

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If Hudler signs in Vancouver he'll be doing checking line duty with Sutter and Hansen. The only way he sees top line is if Daniel is injured.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Hudler Sutter Hansen
Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Bae-Bo-Eriksson
Hudler Sutter Burrows
Rodine Gaunce Dorset

If Hudler signs in Vancouver he'll be doing checking line duty with Sutter and Hansen. The only way he sees top line is if Daniel is injured.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Hudler Sutter Hansen
Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Benning made it clear that they're looking for a 2nd line LW to play with Sutter and take some pressure off of Baertschi. Sutter and Hudler would be on the 2nd line if we signed Hudler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad