GDT: Jim's House of Horrors XI | Pens fail to close deal with Desjardins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Read a couple tweets. Sounds like Pens may only be willing to go 2 years. And coaching candidates want 3.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib · 2m
Desjardins hasn't had an in-person meeting with the Penguins. That ordinarily is a prerequisite before making a man head coach.

Since he is heading to the burgh I assume it's for the in person hearing

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib · 2m
Desjardins hasn't had an in-person meeting with the Penguins. That ordinarily is a prerequisite before making a man head coach.

We're pretty unorthodox when it comes to **** like this...

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
166.gif

That's my reaction to any Trib "news".

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Dejan is all upset now that his boy Ulf doesn't look like he's gonna get the job so now he's resorted to bringing down Willie on why he wouldn't be a good coach.

I hate the ****ing Pittsburgh media.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Dejan is all upset now that his boy Ulf doesn't look like he's gonna get the job so now he's resorted to bringing down Willie on why he wouldn't be a good coach.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Dejan. He's better than a guy like Rossi that knows nothing but Dejan is too whiny and too much of a know it all for my taste.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Debatable.

I dunno, a coach that could make adjustments would help...

A coach that would say **** you Dupuis would go far...

A coach that would tell Adams to play and stop trying to butter him up would help...

A coach who would run the best possible lineup would help...

It's pretty likely we at least could've run with the Bruins for 6 or 7

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, DK is so wound up about the "walking in the room and getting respect instantly" thing. Thats a tad bit overrated in my books. Get a coach who knows how to coach and winning together will earn WD the respect. Bring on Tocchet as an assistant. There's you're x's and o's guy and your motivator.

Ulf's still not out of the running though. This ain't a done deal.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

Welcome to my world.

Just give him 3 years. Hope Dejan can admit that this will hopefully be a smart hire

No ****, right? The guy is a good candidate, apparently has what we need... coaches don't count against the cap... ****ing SIGN the guy already Rutherford! When has it ever been a problem getting rid of a coach before his term was up? Precisely 0% of the time. Happens every year. Zero risk. SIGN him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 38m
And what if said coach never achieved anything at NHL level aside from two years as assistant, followed by demotion? http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/stars-looking-into-moving-associate-coac.html/

Dejan is better than most. But he doesn't know half as much as he thinks. The guy is arguing for Ulf, when he literally has nothing on his resume that makes him stand out over Dejardins. And then links an article saying he was demoted, when the author actually talks about how he's a better HC and that opportunity would give him a better chance at an NHL HC spot down the line. Which it did.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Debatable.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

That team could have done anything. The team Dan iced? Not so much.

The whole Trib Triumvirate seems butt-hurt about Willie.

They're always unbearable, but their boys getting fired really sent them over the edge. DK, well, my issue with him is that when he gets his mind set on an idea he acts like it's the only right opinion and everything else is awful. I just don't like his attitude much.

Michael8771*

What makes Ulf more qualified for the job? That's absurd. WD or bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad